It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:42 am

Sidereal Time and dowsing 
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post Sidereal Time and dowsing
I have heard that dowsing, but not RV, is affected by local sidereal time.
Dos anyone know why, and also what is the best time of day in sidereal time to dowse? Some people say 1.30 pm although I don't know why.
Is that true?
Does the sidereal time of really make a difference in the accuracy of your dowsing answers?

Thank you

Mon May 31, 2010 4:05 pm
Professional
Professional

Post Re: Sidereal Time and dowsing
I actually had not heard that it had an effect on dowsing, and I haven't done any experiments myself to confirm it. I'd like to see what Paul has to say on the subject.

It may be good to take advantage of any performance improving edge you can get, but I think it may be bad to have a ready-made excuse for poor performance that leads you to actually expect failure. Expectation can be a very important factor in mental performance. You can download a copy of a paper by a US Navy officer that has a brief explanation of sidereal time effects on the last two pages. Supposedly the effect was discovered through experiment. Here's the url for that paper:

http://www.lfr.org/LFR/csl/library/Bremseth.pdf

The Navy has a website that will calculate your LST for you:

http://tycho.usno.navy.mil/sidereal.html

Mon May 31, 2010 4:57 pm
Experienced User
Experienced User

Thank you Bonbour for the links

I know, there are no excuses for poor dowsing results, it is only a question of practice.

However, my interest in sidereal time and dowsing comes from a post I read in the RV forum. It was mentioned there that dowsing, being a kinestethic skill, is affected by sidereal time. I am interested to know more about it as it is not widely discussed in dowsing circles.

Mon May 31, 2010 8:48 pm
New User
New User

Hello Angelica,

In my opinion I think most of us have our "best time of day" to dowse, or for some anytime if we are not tired or overly stressed.
I've tested myself over and over, morning noon and night, and for me as long as I'm not tired or stressed time makes no difference.
Here are a few exercises I do periodically, maybe you'd like to try them and see if it make a difference before 1:30 pm.

1 - take a piece of paper and write the word gratitude or anything on it, tear the paper in half and have someone hide one half for you anywhere in the house, next take the other half hold it in your hand with your l-rods and locate it's match.

2- take several cards from a playing deck, look at them and decide on which one you will be your target, shuffle the cards and spread them throughout the room or on a table, and locate the target.

3 - have 4 pieces of paper (equal size) write the word target or whatever you wish on one, and anything on the others or even leave a blank, fold each paper identical, mix them up and lay them around a room, ask to locate the paper which has "target' written on it.

4 - And have fun!

All the best!

Mon May 31, 2010 10:49 pm
Professional
Professional

In Bremseth's paper it looks like the experiment was done to see if remote viewing is affected by changes in Local Sidereal time. I think I'll dig around a little and see if I can't find records from the original experiment.

I'd still like to find out what Paul thinks about it.

Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:34 am
Experienced User
Experienced User

I have read the document you posted bombur, thanks...I found it very interesting.
There it does say that RV is affected by local sidereal time....so I wonder if one gets better dowsing results at a particular sidereal time...
the plot thickens....

Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:08 am
Professional
Professional

I think the experiment was web based, and I don't know how they ran it. Still checking.

I tried keeping track of the local sidereal time during my own remote viewing sessions for a while back in 2007, and I couldn't see any correlation between my successes or my failures and LST. If there was an effect, I couldn't discern it. I might try it again someday, now that I've been through Paul's Basic RV course.

Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:34 pm
Experienced User
Experienced User

According to my dowsing, sidereal time does affect dowsing to some extent. But my dowsing may be completely off..... :mrgreen:

Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:37 pm
Professional
Professional

I found an interesting paper:

http://www.jsasoc.com/docs/PA-GMF.pdf

I just read through it quickly, but the gist of it is that some experimenters have been unable to reproduce results that confirm the effect of local sidereal time on "anomalous cognition", a scientifical term for things like remote viewing. So in this paper they examine the effect of other things like geomagnetics and solar weather and solar wind to explain why that is.

My opinin? You should just do your dowsing or remote viewing whenever you want to do it. I think your desire and ability to concentrate on the object of your dowsing search will have a much larger effect on your success than any other factor. Plus, 13:30 local sidereal time happens at night for almost half of the year, and some targets are hard to dowse directly in the dark. It's hard to see the L-rods in the dark and its easy to step into a badger hole and break your leg. :roll:

I'd still like to hear Paul's opinion.

Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:38 pm
Experienced User
Experienced User

Thank you Bonbour, you are a 'goldmine' of information!
Yes, I agree with you about dowsing, as at the end of the day sideral time should not be an excuse to practice dowsing only once a day (or night :wink: )
But yes, I am also very interested in knowing Paul's opinion on this

Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:11 pm
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post dowsing accuracy
Maybe some of you will know if this is normal....

I have been getting accurate dowsing results pretty consistently, but during the last month I just miss every single target (sometimes i am close).
I hope this is temporary but I do not know how to account for what is happening.

Any ideas? Has this happened to anyone else?

Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:03 pm
Professional
Professional

Post Re: dowsing accuracy
It happens to me sometimes. I don't always know why, but sometimes I can come up with a plausible reason for it. The important thing is that it has never been permanent. It is probably only a temporary condition for you too.

Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:29 pm
Experienced User
Experienced User

Thank You Bonbur, now I know I am not the only one having this problem....

Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:35 pm
Professional
Professional

Honestly, I think everyone probably has this problem at one time or another. How have you been doing since the original post? You've had some successes since then haven't you?

Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:40 pm
Experienced User
Experienced User

yes I have, thank you for asking. I have found that sidereal time does affect my dowsing accuracy when I dowse targets that are not within myself (I mean psychological dowsing here). I know it is subjective but for me it does make a difference.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:13 pm
Professional
Professional

Wonder if it's possible to feel. Like we feel hunger or sleepiness without needing a clock. I'm too lazy to calculate sidereal time... :-)

Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:47 am
Experienced User
Experienced User

probably as dowsing is a kinestetic skill. But you can find sideral time clocks for your pc or iphone even for free

Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:35 pm
Professional
Professional

If you simply must investigate the effects of local sidereal time on your dowsing and remote viewing, here is a link to an easy to use calculator:

http://tycho.usno.navy.mil/sidereal.html

Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:02 am
Professional
Professional

One has occasional drop-offs in remote viewing success as well from time to time, so I am not surprised to hear of such things happening with dowsing. I am not a continuous dowser -- I tend to do my dowsing in clumps, so it is hard to tell whether I go through these cycles. And that in itself may be a solution -- if you find yourself starting to miss, take a break for awhile then come back to it.

Whether it has to do with LST or not, I'm not going to venture a guess. I generally ignore LST -- I worry that it might be a "self-fulfilling prophecy" where if you think it will affect you, it will. The fact is, it's still possible the findings may merely be a statistical fluke (though there is now some confirming evidence for it); but more importantly, excellent RV results have been produced even at sub-optimal LST times -- just not as many as at 1330 LST. I would just as soon discipline myself to get good results every time.

But if you are finding an impact on your results due to an LST correlation, you need to do what's best for your progress.

Best,
Paul

Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:16 am
Professional
Professional

I tried to keep track of LST during my RV sessions during the early part of 2007. Any effect that the reported peak at 1300 hrs LST might have had on my results in those two or three dozen sessions was buried in the noise from other causes like personal inclemencies, poor concentration, and just plain laziness. I decided it was just a distraction and quit tracking it.

Often it is hard enough for me just to find the time to do dowsing and RV that I just have to do the work when I have the time, no matter what the LST clock says.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:44 am
Experienced User
Experienced User

In my experience (and that is only how my brin reacts I suppose) I found that dowsing the lottery or dowsing timelines is particularly sensitive to LST (it is more accurate around the magic hour 13.30 LST) Other kinds of dowsing are not affected by sidereal time, such as dowsing over paper cups or psychological dowsing. I have registered this consistently and that is what I have found. Recent research include noise from solar winds and magnetism from the moon that also affect RV. Since one is dowsing for future events I think it is pretty akin to doing RV with a pendulum.

Whether the research was a fluke or not, Paul is right, it's all about personal perception. If one gets accurate dowsing results only when wearing purple socks because mentally they feel that they are pleasing the dowsing gods, good luck to them, as long as they get accurate dowsing results. At the end of the day is how accurate one is is that matters....

Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:55 pm
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Remember what Local Sidereal TIme is--it is "galactic" time, where the center of the Milky Way galaxy is. LST noon is when the cosmic radiation is at its highest and the center of the Milky Way is directly overhead.

Many dowers have claimed the comic rays is what reflects off objects (water in particular) (some energy is absorbed and re-radiated at a lower frequency) and this is what these dowsers claim to use as a carrier wave, or as I say it is like the string on a tin-can and string telephone.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:02 pm
Experienced User
Experienced User

so the best time would actually be LST noon and not 13.30? Some research shows that the further away from the milky way the better the dowsing results because there isn't so much noise....but maybe the opposite applies?

Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:33 pm
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Good question. I have pondered the same. My thinking is that similar to the highest IR (infra-red) radiation is about 2:30 PM. So possibly the reason for 1:30 is because of the different wavelengths involved. So if indeed some of the cosmic rays get absorbed and re-radiated at a lower frequency, the peak would be sometime after LST noon

Yes, one book I read said some people actually do just as well 12 hours later with the Milky Way under feet.

Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:30 pm
Experienced User
Experienced User

how about dowsing for the answer? I know it is not a scientific way to prove it, but if most people get the same answer then there may be something to it.... which one is your best sidereal time according to your dowsing results?

Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:07 pm