It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:35 pm

Sidereal Time and dowsing 
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Post Re: dowsing accuracy
Honestly I don't keep a record of LST. Years of government records will certainly be more accurate than anything I could do. For me, a day either side of the new moon or full moon is hard to beat for a good L-rod response. Also I like days with about half the sky filled with cumulus clouds (usually after a cold front has passed). Convection is nature's way of cleaning the air and replenishing negative ions which increases the electrial conductivity of the air. Too much wind is not good. Okay, this is just my theory.

Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:43 am
Professional
Professional

Everything seems to work better in good weather, doesn't it?

I know that on nasty hot days when we're having our 14th straight 110 plus degree day and the sun in the cloudless brassy sky is searing the backs of my eyeballs right through my Ray-Bans and my L-rods are the same temperature as a roasting spit during a barbecue and drooping from the heat I don't get very good dowsing results. But I think that mostly has to do with my inability to concentrate while heat stroking out.

As for dowsing to determine the effectiveness of LST on your dowsing, I don't see why that wouldn't work. You could start by asking if it has any effect on your dowsing at all, and if the answer is yes, you could move on to asking what is the optimum LST for your dowsing. You could use a chart or a timeline for this. And then most important of all, you could ask if you should wait for that optimum time or should you "just do it."

Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:11 pm
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

I forgot to mention some of the best locating conditions are when the snow is melting. I suppose it has something to do with all the moisture making good conductivity.

Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:14 pm
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Just remember the best dowsing responses are those that just happen without a lot of expectations from the person. Keep the left side of your brain out of it (No AOL!). Remember the left side brain is the skeptic side. The skeptics want to control things, manipulate, smash it to see what's inside, and like I say when it comes to dowsing you can't have your cake and eat it, too. Sounds simple but it's not if you are a control freak.

Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:17 pm
Experienced User
Experienced User

thats sounds true to me. I know that being near learge bodies of water increases psychic abilities, so the snow melting sounds quite right. Also reserach shows that the moon does affect psychic ability.

Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:42 pm
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Sorry if I have posted this before, memory is not what it used to be.

The moon exert's a pull on the earth as seen in the tides. Also, the earth's crust actually moves a few inches, too. This creates a piezoelectric effect. I read a book on healing that says the day of the new moon and the full moon are too strong for work. Also twenty minutes or so during high tide and low tide.

Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:37 pm
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

A lot of what you are saying come to "belief" and little else. Are you limiting yourself by a 'belief"? This sidereal time is not something new discovered by the RVers, but something very very old! It was written thousands of years ago........."Grand Master Hiram Abif would repair each day at high twelve (sun at meridian) to the alter of the temple (facing east) and offer up his prayers to the diety and receive his designs to be drawn upon the tressleboard (dowsing or remote viewing).

As Solomon said, "There is nothing new under the sun, no not one thing."

Cosmic rays? I don't think so. More can be explained by the laws of electricity. If you stick a bar magnet into a copper coil, electricity will flow. If you sit, oriented east, at meridian, facing the excact center of the galazy, you create the same conditions as the bar magnet and coil inside your body, just on a different frequency level.

This may give you a few percent boost in your acuracy but it is by no means the only time you may practise dowsing!

Mitch

Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:38 pm
Professional
Professional

I've got a question:

1330 Local Sidereal Time (LST) seems to be more of a direction, than a time of day?

If I'm understanding this properly, Local Sidereal Time at the meridian (directly overhead) is equivalent to Right Ascension angle -- it's just that LST is measured in hours, while Right Ascension (RA) is measured in degrees. Again, if I'm understanding this properly, that points to the star Spica in middle of present-day Virgo.

Now -- I could be wrong -- the only constellations I can readily spot in the night sky are Orion and the Big Bear/Dipper... :mrgreen:
(I was reading about the Leonid Meteor Showers and saw these references to LST and RA. By the way, I spotted one long bright meteor trail!!! Downtown in a city, so that meteor must have been bright!)

Anyway, I was just wondering if there was an alternative way to gauge LST -- especially when we're out in the wilderness -- and batteries have been thoroughly drained, and our windmills and solar electric panels have been shattered by hail and windstorms... :?

Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:42 pm
Professional
Professional

Howdy Ed!

Of course there is a way to find LST and/or RA when all electronic technology fails. Navigators were doing it for centuries before the invention of the transistor. I would recommend downloading Project Gutenberg's "Lectures in Navigation", by Ernest Gallaudet Draper. It is a navigation text written in the days before GPS.

PS: Print it out before your electronic technology fails. :wink:

Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:34 pm
Professional
Professional

Bombur wrote:
Project Gutenberg's "Lectures in Navigation", by Ernest Gallaudet Draper. It is a navigation text written in the days before GPS.

PS: Print it out before your electronic technology fails. :wink:

Hi Bombur,

Nice reference!

I found the download page here: http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/27642
and saved a copy of the html version from here: http://www.gutenberg.org/files/27642/27 ... 7642-h.htm

I'm going to see if I can memorize a bit of it during the holidays. (Usually, when I get lost or stranded, I don't have my books and printouts with me. :mrgreen: )

---

Have found a star chart that's helped me learn the locations of a few stars and constellations, and track planets. (I am amazed at how bright and big Jupiter is!) Chart helps for stuff that's visible without telescopes and binoculars.

http://www.skyviewcafe.com/skyview.php

Uses Java. For me, it doesn't seem to remember settings, so I have to tell it to "Find" my location each time it starts, and switch on the names and constellation patterns.

Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:11 pm
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

The reason why cosmic rays/energy increase RV accuracy by up to 350% near the 13:30 LST according to some studies is it is an exciting energy. This then creates a resonance between similars--your thoughts (or a sample /witness) and whatever the target. It's the exact same as for sound waves or any other exciting energy source, maybe even gravitatioinal. "Cosmic energy" is somewhat of a catch-all phrase.

Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:35 am
Professional
Professional

Locator wrote:
The reason why cosmic rays/energy increase RV accuracy by up to 350% near the 13:30 LST according to some studies is it is an exciting energy. This then creates a resonance between similars--your thoughts (or a sample /witness) and whatever the target. It's the exact same as for sound waves or any other exciting energy source, maybe even gravitatioinal. "Cosmic energy" is somewhat of a catch-all phrase.

That's interesting... sounds like the equivalent of our eyes seeing better when light energy is strongest... the energy of the reflections are stronger.

I wonder if there is an equivalent to photosynthesis... could there be some thing or being that uses cosmic energy as part of its food?

Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:06 am
Professional
Professional

Quote:
Project Gutenberg's "Lectures in Navigation", by Ernest Gallaudet Draper.

Quote:
http://www.skyviewcafe.com/skyview.php

I've only managed to skim through the navigation reference... and a few minutes per week looking at clear night sky.

Last night, the moon was at 13 hours 34 minutes LST (or Right Ascension). Saturn moves slower and is still nearby at 13 hours 51 minutes. The star Spica is slightly to the west at 13 hours 25 minutes.

Tonight, the moon is at 14 hours 25 minutes.

I like the two features on Sky View Cafe that show the right ascension -- check marking the "Celestial grid" setting (for grid marked in hours) will show an approximate measurement -- and hovering mouse cursor over the planet or star will display a more exact measurement (in green text in black message area at bottom of screen).

Whether the 13 hour 30 minute LST will improve my results, I don't see it yet. I suspect the inconvenience of tracking and rearranging your schedule would be a bit of a hindrance toward obtaining optimum results. I do find it fascinating though -- learning about stars, planets and moon, and navigation -- haven't used any instruments yet. Just glancing at the sky and getting a rough idea where everything is, and how it moves.

Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:37 am