It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:43 pm

Brain wave states 
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post Brain wave states
Do you think the dowsing protocol necessarily gets you into the right brainwave state in order for you to succeed.

I have often noted that there are times when i dowse unbelievable and times when i can't get anything right.I personally like that,( the time i hate most is when i get mixed results) Obviously getting something wrong puts you into beta which is not where you want to be.

Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:35 pm
Professional
Professional

I don't know if brain wave "states" are relevant to dowsing success. I don't think there is any research that has been done on that (there are so many opportunities for experimentation -- all we need is time and resources! ), but there was some done in the remote viewing program, and the results showed that brain-wave state did not correlate at all with remote viewing success. My guess is that the same applies to dowsing, though I think research into the question would be useful just to find out for sure. I suspect that your up times and your down times are probably influenced by something else, but don't know what that might be without working directly with you for awhile which, unfortunately, is not possible. I suggest you keep a detailed journal of the circumstances under which you dowse, and compare that to your rates of success or failure, and see if there is some factor that correlates.

Best,
Paul

Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:15 pm
Post Brain waves
I don't know anything about brainwaves, but I do know that the best, most successful dowsing I do is when body and mind are free of distraction and worry. Peace leads to my ability to let go and allow my subconscious to to take a bit more than a small slice of the pie. It's easy to measure that. If anything is nagging you, or responsibilities beckon, it's better to dowse later. It brings new meaning to "Free to be You and Me."

Peace and success,
Lee

Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:59 pm
Advanced User
Advanced User

Quote:
but there was some done in the remote viewing program, and the results showed that brain-wave state did not correlate at all with remote viewing success.

Hi paul, Thanks for getting back to me. I would love to fund research. Perhaps after i win the lottery i will do that. 8) 8) 8) :D 8) However I am not sure if what you state is true due to the fact they say that remote viewing gets you into the right state of mind therefore one doesn't need the brainwave technology.

I have a sneaky feeling that some people can induce the right brain state more easily than others through various techniques(not necessarily brainwave) and are at the frequency for longer periods of times. Hence the super psychics.

I read that when people remote viewed they were in the theta state but certain times they went into beta and this was the time, the skill had the highest possibility of error. obviously the viewer was blind to there mind state so as not to induce aol but a monitor noted that during the session.

Obviously Lee is right that
Quote:
most successful dowsing I do is when body and mind are free of distraction and worry

However the difficulty with that is trying to induce that time after time when the mind wants closure.

However my problems are the same as everyone else has which is consistency.If people cannot repeat it time after time then something in the protocol has to changed to make it clearer.

Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:19 am
Post Induced brainwaves
Dear Felix,

Wanted to let you know that I've gotten a CD that induces to Delta ........ the Golden Ratio state. I've used it a number of times and it takes me to a deep sleep within about 20 minutes, but this evening I've used it for dowsing. It is presented with what they refer to as "pink noise," which sounds much like a waterfall and I can hear a beat in the background.

I love that it virtually eliminates AOL's for me personally. I found that hits with the pendulum were about average. I found it very reliable with hits using my intuition only. I've been using it on playing cards and am excited to try other targets to see how effective I am with them. I also want to try the CD while viewing objects placed on a table in another room. I can get hits on them maybe 2 out of 4 or 5 right now. I'm getting the shapes but my dimensions aren't completely accurate. Sometimes I'm getting the complete object so that it isn't necessary to draw it. I'm interested to see how this goes.

I like your inquistiveness. I have it too, but I'm very intent about not getting "physically/emotionally" involved while dowsing. That seems to be an imperative also.

Hoping to hear from everyone about their experiences,
Lee

Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:10 am
Advanced User
Advanced User

good to hear that it works for you. Ive been trying it myself using the silva method.
As paul says you do not need it to dowse However anything that makes you relaxed for an extended period of time will obviously help you dowse. I heard rythmic breathing is also highly useful.

Ive taken a break from dowsing myself, hopefully an extended break will allow me to come back refreshed.

Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:12 pm

I can't say the CD does anything to help anything, except the relaxation and getting rid of AOL's. Doing that is huge for me. AOL's are my worst enemy!

I'd like Rinpoche to tell me if I can achieve a more zen-like state with a trigger word, like in self-hypnosis. It would be cool if that could be done with the CD's influence on my state of mind.

Anyway, I'm doing pretty well without the CD too, so it's not an imperative.

Happy weekend to all,
Lee

Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:07 pm
Advanced User
Advanced User

From my experimentation brainwave states and deep meditation positively correlates to improvement in esp for sure. Time somehow seems to slow down if done correctly. However it only works if you are truly in trance with a perfectly still mind as you start to believe anything possibel ,breaking trance will result in guessed results. My results seem to correlate to this. The hardest part is actually getting into a trance.

It seems that there is a definitive decline effect in dowsing due to the effect of unconscious tension/nervousness through wanting to succeed which tightens up the muscles in the hand which block out the micro movements and make it very difficult to dowse.Release the unconscious tension is achieved by remaining absolutely still(mainly the mind). Results seem to be better if eyes are closed and one tries to feel the answer. Looking at the target(which induces the analytical mind) should only be done later as to not become reliant on a system and to shock the body.

Also no Observation, no guess is a good motto of mine as one tries to give up the idea of guessing which becomes all the more prominent with failure. Do not rush, just be patient and wait. Also if you are not sure don't guess, take a break.

I would probably correlate dowsing to being as difficult as to play golf. Perfect harmony of mind and body whilst always remembering it is supposed to be fun so as not to take it too seriously which again will block out the micro movements.

More suggestions would be much welcome.

Felix.

(never accept truth to be pure truth)

Last edited by felixrv on Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:28 am
Post Chill........
Well, I've taken up time analyzing and refining, only to come full circle. There's no magic bullet. The method is simplicity itself. It doesn't need any help.

In my journey, I've interestingly grown from dowsing to identifying with my mind only, and now am viewing objects placed on a table for me in another room. (I'm not 100% with any, just as told would happen.) I'll be practicing these things and feel satisfied. I can't afford to travel and train for anything more.

I'm hoping just practicing will open new vistas for me, but I won't be too disappointed if they don't. It's a gentle, enjoyable thing. If nothing else, I think it will make me more intuitive.

My fervent goal is to do good for someone somewhere. I'll be watching and listening for that opportunity. I'm finished analying the whole thing. I'm just going to "be" from now on. Happy dowsing to everyone! It's a gift without a price.

Sincerely,
Lee

Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:33 pm
Professional
Professional

Well, Felix -- if being in certain brain wave states works for you, then I encourage you to stay with it! I'm always impressed by the dedication and perseverance displayed by a number of the people here in the Community. I just want to encourage you to keep it up. I'll only be happy when all of you have moved far beyond my own meager skills (which won't be as hard as you think, since I have so little time and opportunity to practice these days! :D )

Warmly,
Paul

Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:27 am

Ive read this with interest, as the studying of EEG and EMG and QEEG is in my field of interest. I am in the process of setting up a research project, with its aim to study the Human energy Field and the correlation to modalities, and dowsing is one of the ones ill be looking at. Ill be giving subjects portably EEG machines and recording data before and after a session and will be looking at the correlation of data, the data will also include skin temperature change, variable heart rate, EEG and ECG.

Andrew

www.uk-rv.co.uk

Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:12 pm
Professional
Professional

I think this is a very valuable effort and wish you much success in it. Perhaps I can be of help as well!

Best,
Paul

Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:51 am

Indeed you can, in fact if anyone has information, similar findings then drop me an email or private message.

Andrew.

www.uk-rv.co.uk

Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:13 pm
Advanced User
Advanced User

I have that the brain waves seem to relax the brain and sooth your body. It has the power to get you in the relaxed state of mind a lot easier and faster which is imperative for successful remote viewing or dowsing. It sort of cools down your brain and reduces stress which is the greatest form of aol. However saying that you still have to perform the technique correctly.

I find that too much brain wave and i start to go mad, and i get bad headaches and i don't feel my normal self.

I think you have to strike just the right balance between using it and not using it too much.

I myself have realised how to dowse successfully wih my own unique method, the only problem being is that You Need a lot of discipline(to recognise when you are actually doing it correctly and when you are merely guessing because your getting fed up) and that is very a difficult skill.

Good luck

Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:35 am

I already, from dowsing projects from the past some interesting data, but i think with modern implementation of QEEG and EMG, along with EEG, HRV we should get better data.

I am particularly interested in the spread of Alpha, Beta and Theta waves during a session, as previously i noticed with some people high Alpha waves.

The project is already shaping up nicely, with some interesting findings.

A.

www.uk-rv.co.uk

Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:36 pm
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Post Brain Waves
Greetings all,
Brain waves
Quote:
but there was some done in the remote viewing program, and the results showed that brain-wave state did not correlate at all with remote viewing success

Question, while Rving I have after about 10-15 minutes a slip into what I would call
a very relaxed semi awake-semi -asleep state. Has this occurred in past with others ?

regards

Omega

Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:50 am
Professional
Professional

This is, of course, an RV question rather than a dowsing one, but I'll give you a quick answer. Yes, it is common for a remote viewer to move into a mild altered state of consciousness after moving deeper into a session. Somewhere in my book I wrote about this -- including (I'm pretty sure) a story about Mel Riley being so 'dingy' when he came out of a session that he threw his car keys into a dumpster without even realizing it. Pretty funny... :-)

Best,
Paul

Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:07 am
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

I was wondering if Gamma state of the brain will increase the accuracy of dowsing since gamma could increase focusing power.

just a thought...still wondering.... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:55 am
Experienced User
Experienced User

I finished Jose Silva's Ultramind system for remote viewing and hes all about the Alpha state. He calls it the golden state and thats where he finds RV is most successful.

I use Theta for learning like photoreading but dowsing seems to work best in Alpha. I just started testing and I will keep you guys posted.

I'm going to base it on PICK 3 lottery system using THETA, ALPHA...I tried Delta but I kept falling asleep obviously. Also a few courses I have done say Delta isn't the greatest for this kind of thing.

Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:21 pm
Profile WWW
Professional
Professional

I would definitely be interested to hear if you have better success in one state or another. Good luck! Paul

Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:03 am
New User
New User

Post Re: Brain wave states
I saw somewhere in the book image with comparison of brainwaves of normal person, zen meditator and dowser, and only dowser had all brainwaves simultaneously: alpha, beta, delta, theta. I don't remember where I saw it.

But some info is here - last paragraph page 61:
http://books.google.sk/books?id=Kg2aavFgdboC&pg=PA61&lpg=PA61&dq=dowsing+brain+beta+alpha&source=bl&ots=t8lyJRongJ&sig=YYdnT4IHcEpAzVWW-Q1eq_wEnnI&hl=sk&ei=hGf5SfDdIMurjAeb0p2VAw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1#PPA60,M1

Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:49 am