It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:28 pm

Dowsing Self-Monitoring 
Post Dowsing Self-Monitoring
This is an edit of a previous post. I rambled. Sorry.

My main question is "How long should a break be?" We've determined we need it if we're experiencing alot of errors.

Also want to insert that I was reading the remote viewing forum. A conclusion that some of them determined (right or wrong?) was that errors were less likely if you don't care about the outcome. Perhaps this is related to Maj. Smith's "zen-like" approach.

It would seem that, if dowsing for anything of personal investment, a group of dowsers with overall results averaged would bring the most accurate results. (Such as a lottery)

We come into the dowsing experience expecting it to be a phenomenally successful practice. Over time, we learn it seems to come in spurts with varying results.

I would suggest that dowsing is the first part of a journey, if you want to take it. It is my experience that it has led to more intuitive thinking. Dowsing is not necessarily the be-all and end-all of our growth. We can fine tune our individual sensitivities, even if we can't compose a standard routine that always works.

Much success to all!
Lee

Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:34 am
Professional
Professional

Post Re: Dowsing Self-Monitoring
Lee Lehman wrote:
My main question is "How long should a break be?" We've determined we need it if we're experiencing alot of errors.

That, unfortunately, is something that only you can determine. Each person is somewhat different with regard to rate of progress, down-time required for assimilation, and in the exigencies of everyday life which affect both of these variables. Since dowsing is more art than science, I have several times mentioned that anyone seeking to become good will have to engage in considerable trial-and-error. I should add that, as you've already experienced, there's going to be a fair amount of frustration that goes along with the learning process. That's normal (and don't we wish it wasn't! :D )

Lee Lehman wrote:
Also want to insert that I was reading the remote viewing forum. A conclusion that some of them determined (right or wrong?) was that errors were less likely if you don't care about the outcome. Perhaps this is related to Maj. Smith's "zen-like" approach.

Yes, I think we're talking about the same thing. Too much emotional investment in an outcome undermines successful results.

Lee Lehman wrote:
It would seem that, if dowsing for anything of personal investment, a group of dowsers with overall results averaged would bring the most accurate results. (Such as a lottery)

More work definitely needs to be done in exploring this idea. Conscensus remote viewing has a potential problem with telepathic overlay. However, it would seem that properly-done consensus dowsing might avoid that problem more easily. It would be worth experimenting with.

Best wishes,
Paul

Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:46 pm