It is currently Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:52 am

Correct Approach 
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Post Correct Approach
Hello,

Is this the correct approach to practicing. I want to take a pack of cards and see if the next card is black or red:

1. Shuffle cards and place the pack in front of me on my desk.
2. Train the dowsing device.
3. Say the words "Is the next card black"
4. Watch for reaction from the dowsing device.
5. Put the dowsing device down on the desk.
6. Record the result after lifting the card.
7. Throw the card away onto the floor.
8. Take the dowsing device.
9. Go to step 3 and repeat.

Thanks

Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:03 pm
Professional
Professional

This is certanly ONE way to do it. Another way that may help make intent even more specific would be to (after shuffling the deck) slide the top card off onto the table so it is separate from the rest and use as your dowsing question, "Is THIS card black or white?" You could also not use questions but instead program the pendulum to give you a motion one way for black and a different way for red (so for example swing left and right for black or forward and back for red -- or counterclockwise for red and clockwise for black, or vice -versa).

Best wishes,
Paul

Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:01 am
Post Deck of Cards - Black or Red
I do the deck, one card at a time, until I get tired of it. I often wonder if my accuracy would be improved by what's imprinted on the back of the cards. Some are so colorful and some very plain. I wonder if that affects the dowsing effort. I know, that when I try to "find" a card in a lay of cards, the backs of the cards distrat me. I have to fight observing the picture or design and focus on the numbered side. A white deck would be ideal, but I don't think I've ever seen such a thing. Are there any?

Paul had said on his DVD that colors influence the subconscious. I've been using colored cups for my object searches. I wonder if white wouldn't be a better choice as well. I only use the colored plastic ones because they're more sturdy than styrofoam.

Would appreciate any thoughts about these things.

Merry Christmas and fruitful dowsing!
Lee

Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:40 am
Professional
Professional

"Is THIS card black or white?"

Must have been recovering from Christmas festivities -- obviously I actually meant "black or red"! :D

And Lee's observations made me think of something else, too -- the backs of the cards should be as plain as possible -- and if there is black or red (or both!) on the backs, you may need to make your question even more specific: "Is this card a red-suit or a black-suit card?" -- because black cards often have red on the front, too -- and vice versa (this the case with the face cards in a standard deck). Alternatively, you could remove all cards from the deck that don't have exclusively either all red or all black marks on their faces.

Paul

Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:55 pm
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Paul: thank you, this is very useful in formation. I did realise your mistake; just shows how ingrained responses can be.

I’ve also decided to write some software that will generate one of two colours, just like the deck of cards, or maybe up to five colours. I would then use a sheet of paper with five boxes and the colours written inside or underneath the box. This also can be used to predict what the colour would be in the future. It could also generate random numbers in a given range.

This also reminds me of a post by rinpoche with regard to roulette where something is left on a bed in the future depending on whether mostly black or red came up during an hour period.

http://www.dowsingcommunity.net/viewtopic.php?t=154

This method could also be used on a daily basis for practicing I would have thought. You could shuffle a deck of playing cards each day and pick one card. Then the result would dictate what item would be placed somewhere.

Lee: Have you thought of buying some postage cards or something similar, cutting them in half and marking them with a marker or felt tip pen on one side. This should work just as well.

Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:26 am
Post Playing Cards..............
Dear Hit&Miss,
Thanks for the tip on postcards. I already have a set of cards I made up. I was discussing playing cards because that was your topic. However, when making up targets out of paper, playing card material is very good because it's coated for long life. Most papers are susceptible to changes in form, thus making them unusable once that happens. --Not durable. You've now given me the idea to research the paper and plastic industries though. Thanks again for inspiring me to go forward!

Best regards,
Lee

Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:08 pm