It is currently Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:20 am

Why are there so few good remote viewers/dowsers 
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post Why are there so few good remote viewers/dowsers
I know

anybody can do dowsing/remote viewing and i know for myself the process works however why isn't anyone any good at it.

do you think the method needs to be improved clarify certain details or what.

Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:01 pm
Good morning, Felix! I've probably been one of the most active dowsers the world has ever seen. Haha! IMO, dowsing is not a reliable companion. There's something there that gives you a wink every now and then, but it's gone next time. I believe this is true for most people. I haven't seen anyone who claims to have a great success rate, nor documented proof. If someone arrives at that place, I don't believe it means anything for everyone in general.

I'm not a formal remote viewer, but I can sometimes perceive objects placed in another room. Just as with dowsing, I can only do it sometimes.

I will always refuse to allow dowsing to make life decisions for me, but will continue to treat it as a curious thing that seems to work sometimes. It's good for "practice," but not for life in general. My intuition serves me much better and has a much higher success rate. That can also be life experience, thus not an extra feather in my cap.

These are my own opinions, so I expect there are others with differing ones. The most sure part of dowsing and remote viewing is that our curiosity has been aroused and we have invested in the concept. I won't be spending more money in that investment, but I'll play with the concept. I'll also still play Scrabble. I seem to get great letters during some games. :wink:

Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:08 pm
I wanted to add to my previous post. Since no one is shouting out their achievements, it's hard for me to draw conclusions from all that's been posted. Maybe that's why I don't find myself in a position to draw an overwhelmingly-positive conclusion.

I still watch and practice with the same level of activity that I have enjoyed since using the DVD's. One thing I note is that I have hot and cold periods of success/nil. I would probably draw more information if I practiced more during my fruitful cycles. I've previously adhered most often to Major Smith's advice to quit on a high. I find myself defying that advice more often as time goes by.

I'll continue to practice and wait for the guru's to say that there is a known quantity about this phenomenon and that can be replicated with more consistancy.

Is there a category for a skeptical believer? :wink:

Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:36 pm
Advanced User
Advanced User

With RV you could be correct sensory wise, conceptually wise or have correct elements or elemental layout or have virtually everything correct!

With Dowsing its either hit, miss or get close to!

I believe the sucess rate is GROSSLY OVERSTATED 80% sounds like BS to me :roll: , if Ingo only had a sucess rate in the 70 percentile, very few people I feel are going to get higher than lets say 65% information correct most or any of the time.

I think alot of the declassified sessions are the pick of the litter sucess stories.
We aren't shown a lot of the bombed sessions. (no pun intended)

I don't totally agree with all of the teachers and what they have to say, I also don't totally disagree with the AIR report. For me the truth (relative term) lies somewhere in the middle.

Too many people pick these arts up because they want to be god or get rich (Im guilty of this). They don't want to put the time in to learn. "You learn more from your failures than you do for your sucess in life".

Keep at it ENJOY YOURSELF THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE FUN!
IF YOU GET RICH AT IT HEY THATS A BONUS 8)

Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:54 am
Profile YIM
Advanced User
Advanced User

I think Rvais You are so right in so many ways. I couldn't have said it any better.

Do you think the reason it was declassified was because it was too hit and miss.

Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:37 pm
Advanced User
Advanced User

I don't know! Probably had something to do with that! But the intelligence community is smart (like foxes) "THE BEST PLACE TO HIDE SOMETHING IS OUT IN THE OPEN". The Israels and you brits are still reportadly using something like RV. Alot of the people involved with the US programs were getting ready to retire, they also had multiple RV programs its not totallly out of the question to think the us is still using something like this. The only thing that was classified about RV was the fact that the Intelligence community was using it. its been out in the open since the early seventys

I asssume you have had some sucess with Dowsing and RV :D
So you know it works (on a good day)

Just keep at it have fun with it.

I can't even imagine how the military workers did this under constant pressure of being terminated, and having there chops busted probably on a daily basis :D

I have a saying be fore I do any session PHUCK IT 8)

Maybe I should...
try this
try that
meditate
theat wave
delta wave
beta wave
drink some mug wort tea
burn some incents
affirmation
give myself a treat
this system variation :roll:
that variation on :roll:
this book that book
sketches upside down
sounds somewhat familar, Its like lighting in a bottle enjoy when you can catch it Have FUN

Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:48 pm
Profile YIM
Advanced User
Advanced User

Plese Excuse the spelling and grammer errors :lol: Im not mentally handi-capped I promise

Theta/ Lightning "see" :lol:

Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:01 pm
Profile YIM
Professional
Professional

With RV you could be correct sensory wise, conceptually wise or have correct elements or elemental layout or have virtually everything correct! With Dowsing its either hit, miss or get close to!

This is an important observation. There are ways that RV is similar to dowsing, and other ways where they are dramatically different.

RVAIS wrote:
I believe the sucess rate is GROSSLY OVERSTATED 80% sounds like BS to me :roll: , if Ingo only had a sucess rate in the 70 percentile, very few people I feel are going to get higher than lets say 65% information correct most or any of the time.

Right again! But it is very hard to put a precentage to success of RV, because there is no fool-proof way of evaluating any given remote viewing session for how much of the data is accurate or inaccurate compared to what would be possible to get right (there is an exception which I will get to in a minute).. With that in mind, I don't know where you got the 80% figure...or for that matter, the 70% for Ingo. As far as I know, he has never claimed a certain percent accuracy, nor has anyone claimed it for him (that knew what they were talking about, in any case!). The one case where someone might reasonably (and provably) claim 80% accuracy would be associative remote viewing (ARV). But even then, that isn't a measure of the accuracy of the data in the session, but only the measure of success in predicting the future binary events that were the aim of the ARV project.

RVAIS wrote:
I think alot of the declassified sessions are the pick of the litter sucess stories. We aren't shown a lot of the bombed sessions. (no pun intended)

Actually, around a couple of thousand of both "bombed" and successful sessions ARE available for viewing in the CIA's Star Gate Archives. Many of the files are posted in various places around the web (or the whole lot of them are available for purchase from various sources). You can see both my successful and bombed training sessions from 1984 (with more to be added for subsequent years) on my website at www.rviewer.com

RVAIS wrote:
I don't totally agree with all of the teachers and what they have to say,

That, of course, is quite a claim to make, LOL. You'd have to first know all of what all the teachers have to say. I doubt you know anywhere close to all of what I have to say, for example! :-)

RVAIS wrote:
I also don't totally disagree with the AIR report.

And this would require a bit of explanation, since parts of the AIR report supported the success of RV, and parts didn't. For the record, though, the invesitgators for the AIR report admitted right in the report itself that they only examined ten out of more than 200 RV or RV-related experiments (in other words, about 4% of the research data), and only 40 out of nearly 3,000 remote viewing sessions (less than 1% of the operational data) before concluding that RV was 'of no use.' For that reason alone (though there are others as well) I'd have to say that the AIR report is pretty much unreliable.

RVAIS wrote:
For me the truth (relative term) lies somewhere in the middle.

A reasonable (and rational) perspective.

RVAIS wrote:
Too many people pick these arts up because they want to be god or get rich (Im guilty of this). They don't want to put the time in to learn. "You learn more from your failures than you do for your sucess in life". Keep at it ENJOY YOURSELF THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE FUN!

Very true!

Best wishes,
Paul

Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:18 am
Advanced User
Advanced User

Thanks Paul, for the record I see you as a great instructor :D

Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:24 am
Profile YIM
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Post Re: Why are there so few good remote viewers/dowsers
I suspect practice --or the lack thereof-- and focus of attention/intention --or the lack thereof-- are at the root of the low count of 'good' RVers/dowsers.

I know I've not yet put in the daily practice I'd expect is required to get really good at RVing. At close to 40 minutes a pop, and might as well count that an even hour after tossing in the prep and reviewing the notes, that's an appreciable chunk of time. Especially if you are working a 14 hour day or on the road, which always seems to mess up schedules.

I've just begun the dowsing, so I can't really comment on that. I'm hoping to find it is easier to set aside smaller blocks of time for short practice sessions. For example laying out 5 cards and trying to dowse the face card. Or the hidden die idea and dowse the hidden number.

Time will tell how that goes ;)

Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
" -- Hamlet.

Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:28 am
Profile WWW
Professional
Professional

Practice is certainly important (in fact, close to being most important). You will indeed find dowsing easier to practice in shorter time windows. Just remember to vary your routine so boredom doesn't set in, as that will hamper the learning process.

Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:39 am
New User
New User

Hello-

I'm new to the forum, but far from new to dowsing.
Just a comment- if your accuracy varies wrt to dowsing, then it's likely you have limited days where you can accurately dowse or maybe some other key variable has changed.

I've figured out that people fall into 3 general groups:
Group 1- dowse anytime w/ accuracy assuming good tool, good position, good location (any day, of a 4-week cycle)
Group 2- dowse limited days ever 4 weeks (from 1- 27days)
Group 3- can not accurately dowse

SS'

Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:26 pm
Advanced User
Advanced User

In my opinion the reason is simple

The technique used for dowsing/remote viewing is not completely correct
and the trouble is nobody is really willing to challenge these protocols to make them more effecient. That is why there are so few success stories.

You see a lot of times i feel, so called experts tell you things as 'truth' when in fact it is not the 'truth'. You are merely claiming to know the truth.

If more people experimented with ideas then i feel psychic functioning would develop and realize for yourself what works and what doesnt.

Also a big problem is when people use generalities that mean absolutely nothing

e.g quiten your mind( what does that mean)
Let go

Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:05 pm
New User
New User

felixrv wrote:
In my opinion the reason is simple

The technique used for dowsing/remote viewing is not completely correct
and the trouble is nobody is really willing to challenge these protocols to make them more effecient. That is why there are so few success stories.

You see a lot of times i feel, so called experts tell you things as 'truth' when in fact it is not the 'truth'. You are merely claiming to know the truth.

If more people experimented with ideas then i feel psychic functioning would develop and realize for yourself what works and what doesnt.

Also a big problem is when people use generalities that mean absolutely nothing

e.g quiten your mind( what does that mean)
Let go

Please refer to my last post in this thread. You are in group 3. You're not able to do it. Just like some people can never become opera singers or the fastest running man on earth- so it is with your dowsing. You're not able to do it.

This doesn't mean you don't have gut instints..just that you can't dowse.

SS'

Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:54 pm
Advanced User
Advanced User

Dowsing is a skill like a sport

my opinion is that like in any sport.

If you learn incorrect technique you will never be good at it no matter how hard you try.Now you could say people aren't focused enough or you could say 'the technique hasnt been developed enough to the point where more people can do it well'.

Now there are natruals who might be good at something but arent good at teaching it therefore they cannot convey what they actually really doing.
e.g they unconsciously do things right but dont consciously understand why they are doing it right.

Stats speak for themselves , esp exists but very few people have control over it.Having on and off days means you arent sure of your technique to reproduce it.Knowing why i didnt get it right is the best way of learning but then you have to understand correct technique and that comes through trial/error.
One thing i have realized is that if somebody says something confidently enough people will believe you whether it is true or not.

I am in the redevolopment stage of dowsing so that anyone can learn it.

Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:38 pm
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

I can't speak for RV'ing. I have practiced dowsing for years. I don't claim to be a master dowser.

Someone mentioned that there are not many dowsing success stories. Dowsing and ego do not mix. If you start bragging about your abilities, it can have a negative effect. Remember negativity will neutralize the positive. It has been my experience that no amount of "proof" will convince a skeptical person until they can prove it to themself.

On the opposite side, doubt can also have a negative effect. I know some people say doubt is easy to spot and eliminate, but my own experience is that it can pop up at any given time. My solution is to work through it. This can drag me down even lower but eventually the work pays off and I recover. I have the experience to know I will get it back soon. This kind of confidence took me quite a while to develop.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it" is a dowsing lesson I have never abided by. I am always trying to improve. I try to do a lot of reading and even more practice. Speaking of practice, the idea is to learn the basics without getting emotionally involved in the target. Learning to control your emotions is very much a part of self-mastery, and jumping in over your head and taking on an emotionally charged target is a recipe for dowsing failure, AKA get-rich-quick fever. Your dowsing sense will quickly be blinded by your desires and wishful thinking.

Mention the word "meditation" and most beginners will say they don't need to learn or they don't have time to learn. Better find a new hobby.

Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:03 pm