It is currently Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:16 am

What success rate can a person expect to achieve? 
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Post What success rate can a person expect to achieve?
What success rate can a person hope to achieve?

Anyone willing to tell us what their success rate is?

I've had minimal success in achieving any consistent success in my dowsing. I'm not sure what the point is unless we can get this to work on a fairly consistent basis.

Also, it seems that it would be most useful if dowsing would work under high stress situations because that's probably when a person would need it most.

Tonight, I'm going to do 10 dowsing sessions in which I will have 10 cards, one with a drawing on it. I'll shuffle the cards and place them all face down. Then I'll dowse for the card with the drawing.

I'll let everyone know the results tomorrow. It would be nice to have other people post their experiments results too so that we/I can see if anyone is getting better.

I'd love to have someone with some experience with statistics analyze our results.

Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:28 pm
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Post Re: What success rate can a person expect to achieve?
Here's the test. I have 10 cards and one of them had a star drawn on it. The cards were shuffled and then laid out face down.

The question that was written down, and verbalized was, "Which of the 10 cards in front of me has the star on it?"

After each dowsing, I reshuffled the cards and repeated the process.

Test Results:
1. Hit
2. Miss
3. Hit
4. Miss
5. Miss
6. Miss
7. Miss
8. Miss
9. Miss
10. Miss

The results can be interpreted a couple of ways:
1. The first few results were good but then success went way down after fatigue and AOL started setting in.
or,
2. The rate of success was 20% possibly within the range of probability. This would make this technique unusable in a operational setting.

My conclusion:
If this was an operational session, it would have been a success because the first dowse was a hit.

More testing is in the pipeline. Method of testing and results will be posted.
I think that successful results need to be well over 50% in order to be consider a viable method of data retrieval. Also, a 50%+ success rate needs to be achievable in stressful situations or the process would be worthless when a person would need it most.

Whoever reads this, I hope you're doing well. Take care.

Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:12 am
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Tonights test results

Test procedure:
10 cards from a deck, one card is the ace of spades. Written task said, "Locate the ace of spades." Then I would dowse, note the results, shuffle the cards, then repeat.

Results:
1. Miss
2. Miss
3. Miss
4. Miss
5. Miss
6. Miss
7. Miss
8. Miss
9. Miss
10. Miss

Conclusion:
Obviously the results were disappointing. I'm still hoping other people would note their stats.

In order for me to consider this to be an operational skill, I would think that a minimum of 60% success rate while under a modest amount of stress would be necessary.

If anyone would like to do tests with me, please let me know. I'd like to track more testers than just myself.

Anyone that reads this, I hope you're well.

Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:27 am
Professional
Professional

Mozart--

I appreciate you allowing us to follow your attempts at developing your dowsing skills. It's helpful...and exciting for others to be virtual observers in your progress. A suggestion if I may -- I don't know how experienced you are with dowsing. if you're just starting out (or, really, even if you're not), I suggest rather than starting with a set of ten, you start with a much smaller number -- say three, or no more than five. This of course increases the odds that you'll hit more often just by chance. But it will also help lessen the fatigue factor (fewer possibilities you have to dowse before getting feedback, and a break), and it also makes it slightly easier to recognize the difference between the target and the distractors. Work with the reduced target set until you start generating a string of positive results, then increase the number one at a time until you've got your full set of ten. You can even continue to expand beyond that number if you wish. Another word of advice. You will know it's time to quit for that practice session or the day if you feel yourself even the least little bit impatient to get through the set. Impatience is a third torpedo to add to fatigue and AOL.

Hope this proves helpful!

Best wishes,
Paul

Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:48 am
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Thank for the advice, that was very helpful.

I had never dowsed before I got the DVD's, which was a couple of weeks ago. So, I probably was a bit overly ambitious for a beginner.

It's true that by the 4th or 5th dowse I was already fatigued and impatient to get done with the process. That probably was a factor.

I will reduce the number of cards down to 4 and I'll conitnue to post the results.

I plan to keep track of my sessions for the next 6 months and I'm hoping to do a minimum of 3 sessions a week. I figured it would be good for me, and maybe others, to see a person with no dowsing experience and no known psi ability attempt to develop some abilities. If I show reasonable progress, I just may move on to remote viewing.

Thank again for your advice. I'll put it to use.

Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:00 pm