It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:34 pm

Advice for a Newbie 
New User
New User

Post Advice for a Newbie
I just ordered the DVD set on dowsing. Does anyone have any advice before I begin? Also, in general after
watching the DVD, how long does it take you to actually learn and use it?

Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:09 am
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Post Re: Advice for a Newbie
I've been dowsing for quite a while. I recently purchased the DVD.

There are many important things, but I think the most important is to be able to relax and clear your mind of
all thoughts and emotions. Slow, deep breathing is an excellent way. Daily practice is nearly essential.

When actually attempting to dowse, a common mistake is to fixate on the dowsing tool instead of focusing your
awareness on the search area and target and waiting/"listening" for a response. It is also easy to get into a
visual search mode. You don't want to get into this bad habit. Remember dowsing is
communiicating with the subconscious, actually sensing the resonance.

Don't try too hard. You can build up/reinforce a stress reaction if you allow negative emotions to control you.
Doubt, fear, anger, greed need to be replaced with love, joy, enthusiasm.

"It can't be over there." or "It must be over here." are the type of things you have to avoid. This is your logical
mind overpowering your dowsing.

Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:27 pm
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Make sure you also order L rods and a pendulum. the DVD set doesn;t come with any :-(

Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:39 pm
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

With regard to L-rods and pendulums, you may make you own if you are so inclined.

Any heavy weight ( as simple as a "tear drop" fishing weight/sinker for example ) attached to a length of supple
string / thread will suffice. L-rods need to freely rotate. One means of doing so is to find a length of copper wire
( stiff enough to hold the L-shape ) and a copper/brass tube that is slightly larger inside diameter than
the outside diameter of the wire. The wire will easily rotate inside this tube. Hobby shops/hardware stores have
such things.

Or you can buy these, which is easier ;)

Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
" -- Hamlet.

Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:39 pm
Profile WWW
Professional
Professional

ErikWeaver wrote:
With regard to L-rods and pendulums, you may make you own if you are so inclined.
Here's some pictures of my homemade L-Rods:

L-Rod thick clothes-hanger
My current preference for "single L-Rod" use over last 2 weeks. (Today is Sun 28 June 2009.) For me, not too twitchy, but responds fast enough.

L-Rod thin clothes-hanger
Thin wire L-Rod responds fastest. (Fastest might not be best -- too twitchy for my current preference.)

L-Rod modifications
L-Rods were 20 cm longer. (I was using all the straight length available from clothes-hangers.)
Because I'm using these indoors for map/diagram dowsing, didn't need the extra length.
Plus, shorter L-Rods respond faster -- and don't slam into computer monitors and knock over knick-knacks and books on your desk.

L-Rod tools
L-Rod made from wire clothes-hanger and plastic barrel of inexpensive pen. Plastic handle as is, not cut.
Pliers used to cut and bend wire clothes-hanger (ordinary "slip-joint" pliers).
Screwdriver's shaft used in forming the loops.

Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:32 pm