It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:59 pm

dowsing vs kinesiology 
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post dowsing vs kinesiology
Does anyone know whether dowsing and kinesiology respond to the same neuro-motor response? And if kinesiology can be more accurate than dowsing for certain yes/no questions?
If the two can be compared then I wonder if the "rules" of polarisation of kinesiology can be applied to dowsing?
Maybe combining the two one can get more accurate answers?

Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:10 pm
Professional
Professional

Post Re: dowsing vs kinesiology
I don't know anything about kinesiology. What are the rules of polarization? And how would you apply them to dowsing?

Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:24 pm
New User
New User

I would think them the same. intuitive.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:02 pm
Experienced User
Experienced User

Hi Bombur & Jessie
Here are two videos about kinesiology... I have a feeling that kinesiology is deviceless dowsing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr8MHgWZyAs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64qc8THwLtA

Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:29 am
Professional
Professional

Thanks Angelica!

I was wondering what kinesiology was.

The first YouTube resembles what my chiropractor does to check for nerve damage/pinching. He manipulates my joints and then does that strength testing. (A truck and I collided while I was on a training run, and it took a team of doctors and the chiropractor to get me back to racing form.) Another physical therapist uses my pulse rate (and pulse strength) to gauge the effectiveness of the treatment.

The second YouTube is something I hadn't seen before. Thanks for sharing!

Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:09 am
Experienced User
Experienced User

No problem!

I am sorry to hear about your accident, I hope you are ok now.

As far as the first video goes..... don't you guys think that there is a fine line between deviceless dowsing and muscle testing for answers? If there is a difference at all?

Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:32 pm
Professional
Professional

Kinesiology vs. dowsing is an interesting question -- one that had not occurred to me. They may indeed share the ideomotor mechanism in common. In fact, this question is even more interesting than you might expect! A couple of years ago I attended the Parapsychology Association conference in Seattle. One of the papers reported on a study of kinesiology, in particular whether in a rigorous, double-blind study it would still work. The researchers were folks who were sympathetic to kinesiology -- in other words, they assumed there would be a successful outcome. Instead -- and they were honestly surprised and disappointed by this -- it turned out no better than chance.

Still they recognized that you have to go where the evidence points, not where you wish it had. So based on their (fairly large) experiment, they had to say it didn't work. But now I wonder if they tested it right. Until your question, I don't recall that I heard anyone associate the ideomotor response with kinesiology (someone may have, but if so I missed it). Often an experiment will fail if the researchers misunderstand the real causal underpinnings, and test it the wrong way. It might be a good idea to check that research out on this basis...

Thanks for the potentially useful insight! :)

Best wishes,
Paul

Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:59 am