It is currently Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:07 am

Hello all 
New User
New User

Post Hello all
Hi everyone,
I'm Bob and I'm new to this forum.
I bought the DVD set a couple of weeks ago and last night finished the target 3 section.
So far I am 0-3 on the targets.
I can get close, I was one cup off on target one.
One of my lines crossed the correct county in target 3.
I'm not new to dowsing having dabbled in it for several years.
I successfully dowsed the location of my misplaced keys in the past.
I use a pendulum and L-rods.
Since I am missing my targets in this course it's obvious I need some expert help.
Can anyone offer some advice/constructive criticism?
More practice? More focus?
I have what's described as a chattery mind so I think I get a lot of AOL.
Are there places I can find more blind targets to practice with?
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Fri May 20, 2011 4:50 pm
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Post Re: Hello all
I'm no expert and I am not a good instructor either, but...

When you talk about more focus, I think that's the wrong idea. More focus is likely to cause more stress--just what you don't want. I say be cool, be casual. Just from my own experience I can onky imagine many people are not relaxed enough. Just day-to-day stuff, what happened at work today, what so-and-so said or did, etc. you have to let it go, get it off your mind. If you want to call that focus, then that's what you need. Do a search for yoga breathing and practice that every day. It can be as simple as a slow belly breath count to five on inhale and count to five on exhale for ten minutes or so. Follow your breath in through your nose and all the way down to your feet and everything inbetween.

Close counts in horseshoes AND dowsing. If you are getting near you should congratulate yourself. Everything has an energy field surrounding it-- yes, even thoughts, rocks, you name it--and the edge of the field is a gradient or polarity change. This is the easiest part to detect. Many times I sense it from six feet away. As for the map dowsing, getting one line close is a very good start. If you aren't pleased with that, you are being too hard on yourself and that causes stress, too. Map dowsing is usually off a ways.

The cup practice you do, try to space the cups farther apart maybe even three feet apart or more. You want to practice every day, but not too long, maybe twenty minutes max, probably more like ten to start, per session.

Wed May 25, 2011 1:05 am
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

I recall a book many years ago called something like The Zen of Skiing. Basicalkly the idea is to look at the bottom of the ski hill rather than each turn you make. Sounds stupid, but this is something like the saying "Some people can't walk and chew gum at the same time." That's not meant to be an insult. I don't know if that makes any sense to you, but the idea is you want to get away from the left brain, logical reasoning that ties up your awareness. As with the ciups, you do not want to get into a guessing game--you want to try to sense the subtle energies of each "field" and see if there is resonance. Hope this is not too confusing.

Wed May 25, 2011 1:08 pm
New User
New User

Thanks for the reply and the info Locator.
I'll work on the weak areas.
Try to get the left brain to quiet down for a while.

Sun May 29, 2011 4:11 pm
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

The energy field around your body is much like one of those plasma globes. This is the sensing device what some people call body response. It is very subtle. If you are tired and discouraged, you are better to get some rest, even take a nap.

Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:50 pm
Professional
Professional

Bob--

Thanks for buying the set -- and giving it an honest try. It sounds to me like you need to focus on more concrete dowsing targets for awhile and then move into the more abstract ones such as map dowsing. It is usually easier if you have someone to help you 'hide" your dowsing targets, but there are several good suggestions in some earlier posts in this forum for how to do self-practice. Check those out and see if they are helpful. If not, post again!

I wish you good success!
Paul

Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:10 pm