It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:06 am

watching the pendulum? 
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Post watching the pendulum?
One of my friend, he confused about watching the pendulum. He verbalize the cue, and start dowsing. of course he didn't say anything during that moment. He was only focus on the cue. by the way, he find that when he watch the pendulum and without yes or no tendency in his mind. then he got good result. however, we told him not to watch the pendulum to avoid any noise, he follow it and the result drop rapidly. What should he do? I tried to go through the DVD set, but I can't find the answer. Pls give him some suggestion.

Thx a lot!

Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:28 am
Post Watching the pendulum
I am still very much a novice, but allow me to tell you what I perceive. The pendulum is just a "device," embued with no supernatural powers. It isn't a problem to watch the pendulum, if you can do so without trying to will it to behave in a certain way. I find watching the pendulum helps me focus on my intent, while looking away brings other things in my visual pathway to distract me. You must observe the pendulum at some point, must'nt you? You need to see the "yes" or "no" response. The important thing, in my humble experience, is to keep your focus on your intent and not focus on controlling the pendulum.
When you grow more confident using the pendulum, you can transition to using other methods to get the same results. The pendulum isn't the key. If so, deviceless dowsing would be impossible ..... and I know it isn't. I hope this is helpful. I'm sure the professionals are better at an answer than I am. I wish you many successful dowsing sessions! Lee

Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:07 pm
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

I think you have to watch the pendulum for feedback.

Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:01 pm
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Post not sure is my own guessing or if it's my 1st impression
I have similiar issue. But mine is I tend to focus my visual contact on the paper(the task) instead of the pendulum as the dvd said don't stare/over focus on your pendulum coz your guessing or eagerness will create mental noise which overlay the actual signal.

I always felt a very subtle motion from my fingertips that indicate yes or no answer after I repeat the task in my head for 2 - 3 times but my friend always said I said yes or no out loud before the pendulum actually move forward or backward or left to right.
I am not sure if there is a time delay for a visual observation (my friend) or it is my own guessing which noise the result. I remember the DVD said "trust your 1st impression" so i did.

Since i am very confusing at this moment, my accuracy drop in past 2 days. Hope Paul you can clear things out for me so I can move on.

Thank you very much in advance!

Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:29 am
Professional
Professional

Post Re: not sure is my own guessing or if it's my 1st impression
swong wrote:
I have similiar issue. But mine is I tend to focus my visual contact on the paper(the task) instead of the pendulum as the dvd said don't stare/over focus on your pendulum coz your guessing or eagerness will create mental noise which overlay the actual signal.

Yes, you should take care not to over-focus. But you still need to be aware of what your pendulum is doing. Try this approach and see if it works for you. Don't focus on ANYthing. In other words, just sort of stare unfocused off into the distance, but keep your stare close enough to your pendulum so that it is within your peripheral view and you can continue to note what direction it is swinging or what movement it makes (so for example, you might stare past the pendulum at some arbitrary spot on the floor across the room, but close enough so the pendulum is visible to you all the time).

swong wrote:
I remember the DVD said "trust your 1st impression" so i did.

I hope you are keeping good records tracking your successes and misses, and remembering what you did each time. That way you will be better able to determine what works best for you. If one thing isn't working optimally, you can vary your actions until you find something that does work. One example is trusting your first impression. Usually this is the best policy. But if it stops working for you, try other things until you get a feel for what does.

On the other hand, of course, maybe you need to take a long break to "reset" your system. :D

Best,
Paul

Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:47 am
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Thank you for all your support and response! I think I will suggest my friend to keep tracking on his record, to find out which method suitable for him.

Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:19 am
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Your suggestion work great for my daily pratice today. I would also like to know if same rule apply on dowsing the matrices? For example Ex 5. is quite difficult to control the pendulum w/o always looking at the pendulum. Besides is there any specific way to move the pendulum when dowsing matrices or do it in a random manner?

Thanks again for your guidance

Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:14 pm