It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:04 am

Beginners question 
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Post Beginners question
I have just recently started to try dowsing. I've tried practicing using a deck of cards and find relaxing my arm and keeping it still to be somewhat difficult. At times I feel this is influenceing my results and preventing me from correctly identifying the card or the suit. Is this common when starting out and do you have any suggestions or practice techniques that help keep your arm still and prevent consciously affecting results? Thanks.

Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:10 pm
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Post Re: Beginners question
Are you following the Learn Dowsing DVD protocol? It doesn't sound like you're solidifying a cue or executing it correctly. You're going to have a lot of AOL and guessing which will kill your dowsing session.

Try to create a cue first... run it by Paul to make sure it will work. I think you can post that in the cue section towards the bottom of these forums.

Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:37 pm
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

oops, and to answer your question, yes. This is called Analytical Overlay and is the number one killer of dowsing and Remote vieiwng sessions.

Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:38 pm
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

I do not have the DVDs. As I'm sure you can understand, I wanted to learn a little bit about dowsing and try it first before spending 179.99.

Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:25 pm
Experienced User
Experienced User

You can't learn the protocol on your own and you need the DVDs. It's like hitting the keys on a piano to get familiar with it before you start taking lessons.

To give you a heads up, if you order Paul Smith's new $20 documentary, you get a $30 coupon for the dowsing set. It's a pretty good deal.

http://www.remoteviewingproducts.com/secrets.cfm

Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:53 pm
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

I didn't mean to imply anything about the DVD set in relation to price. It's just that I recently read one of Richard Webster's books. When I tried practicing with a pendulum, I found I was having difficulty keeping a steady hand/arm. All I was wondering was if others experienced a similar difficulty when starting out and how others keep their hand steady when using a pendulum?

If this was the wrong section of the forums for this question, my apologies.

Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:44 pm
Professional
Professional

Hi, just returned from two weeks in Alaska (more in a later post about that, and no, no dowsing was involved! LOL). I do, of course, recommend my DVD set as an overall solution to helping you develop your dowsing skills. In the meantime, though, are you resting your elbow on a table? If you are sitting down while dowsing, this is not a bad thing to do. On the other hand, if you are standing up, you may try different positions for your arm to see if one way of holding it works better than another. In any case, AOL and proper tasking may indeed be problems in getting false positives from the dowsing process, but yes, many folks do have problems with keeping arm or hand steady when using the pendulum. Practice usually helps.

Best wishes,
Paul

Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:36 pm
New User
New User

Hi - saw your note about beginning dowsing...and spending money before you start... think about it .... a college course costs money, a grocery bill costs money, anything you learn, even cooking classes add up... why not pay for the course instead of spending thousands of dollars paying lots of idiots "how to dowse" - you can join ASD in Vermont, USA, and after your course, go to Paul Smith, then you contact ASD for more books or go to a used bookstore...Louis, my father and I find missing objects every week - you can actually get paid for something you love to do... I found a missing toddler in Nov., in early Dec. I located missing passports for a client in NY and her social security cards, I located missing keys, missing money (which is actually a pain in the neck - dollar bills are awkward to find...), and the lists goes on and on...join a group get the class and pretty much you will be successful... ginette matacia lucas - good luck - gotta start from scratch....paranormaladvisors.com

Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:38 am
New User
New User

you know, dowsing for beginners is easier than you think ... Paul may lean on something to dowse, that's his approach, but Louis Matacia and I use a method, wherein we touch the item with our finger tips... then we only dowse for short periods of time... we use our right hand and receive info. thru finger tips and keep our elbow angled... I am sure Paul shows that on his tapes... this creates a method of focus on the pendulum and following the answers the pendulum is showing.... in order to be a good runner, you have to run, with dowsing, practice, practice, practice, but we recommend keeping the arm out not touching/leaning or resting the elbow ... success most likely will come faster - try Paul's approach, then try the independent elbow approach... ginette matacia lucas - most recent find, pinpointing a missing person location, exactly where it was found... good luck on your learning dowsing from Paul....the Matacia's

Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:51 am
Professional
Professional

Hi ginette,

Is the dowsing tool the "item" in "we touch the item with our finger tips" ?

gin.matacia wrote:
... we touch the item with our finger tips... then we only dowse for short periods of time... we use our right hand and receive info. thru finger tips and keep our elbow angled...

... this creates a method of focus on the pendulum and following the answers the pendulum is showing....

... we recommend keeping the arm out not touching/leaning or resting the elbow ...

... in order to be a good runner, you have to run, with dowsing, practice, practice, practice, ...

I've never used a dowsing tool before trying this LearnDowsing DVD course. Wasn't sure if you meant touching the target or map with your fingertips or touching the tool. (Tool meaning pendulum or rods.)

The suggestion "we only dowse for short periods of time" helped me. Helping me to recover from a week-long burn-out. I was trying to learn pendulum on all the pick 3, 4, 5, powerball, megamillions in one 3 hour session each day -- very quick and long burn-out. Just now trying to learn dowsing rods -- but using quick sessions that are spaced out over the week.

Was that your father, Louis Matacia, in the intro to the DVD? Absolutely amazing. And, there was a lady demonstrating the techniques (just see her hands and arms) that seem to match your suggestions (quoted above).

Thanks!

Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:20 pm