It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:04 pm

Eye Movement 
New User
New User

Post Eye Movement
I am new to the whole dowsing idea, although my father tried to teach me a little pendulum work when I was a kid. I have gotten a little way through the DVD and noticed something that that might be problematic. The pendulum follows my eye movements. If I move my eyes back and forth, or in a circle, whatever the pendulum will follow.

I wasn’t shocked by this because IBM was trying to make a mouse that you simply looked at the screen and the micro-movements of your finger resting on the pad, following your eyes, would take the cursor to the spot you were looking at. It don’t work as well in practice as in the lab so isn’t out that I know of.

I naturally start with the pendulum still, and simply stare at the same spot it started at, and view the movement out of my peripheral vision. This seems like a possible huge generator of AOL, or just wrong data. Has anyone else noticed it, how do you deal with it?

Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:01 am
Professional
Professional

Post Re: Eye Movement
This is an interesting puzzle. I've had to think about it for a few days. I've never had the problem of eye movement guiding pendulum movement myself, but it is a well-known fact that we tend to adjust our kinesthetics (body movements and reactions) to the direction in which we look. This fact is what is behind a recent Texas law that requires drivers to move over a lane from stopped emergency vehicles when there is room or to slow down by 20 mph when there isn't. There had been a series of accidents where drivers, fascinated by the flashing lights alongside the road, had driven right into parked police cars or ambulances!

As a rough and ready solution to your problem, I can only speculate that learning to divorce yourself mentally from the movement of the pendulum will perhaps provide an answer to your dilemma. What I mean is a bit difficult to express, since it involves a very Zen-like concept of 'letting go' of investment in the outcome. But I have found in my remote viewing work (and observing my most successful RV students) that at the point where you stop 'caring' whether you are right or not is a watershed moment leading to enhanced success.

That said, you may actually be able to turn this eye-movement phenomenon to your advantage. I think you are correct in attributing this to finger micromovement effects linked to eye movement (which is, I suspect, closely related to the ideomotor effect that I talk about in the LearnDowsing DVD set). If you managed to adopt the aforementioned 'zen-like' attitude, perhaps you could then learn to allow the eye-movement-hand-movement to respond to the subconscious ideomotor stimulus that appears to be what makes dowsing work.

Just some thoughts, anyway.

Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:18 pm
New User
New User

Post Re: Eye Movement
Thanks Paul – I am just starting out but I seem to be suck at ~70% mark for accuracy in simple yes/no questions, “is this card red”, “is this coin heads”. When I try to do them without the pendulum I'm at ~30%. I think I have tried to use what you said about eye movements, but right now for me it seems to be a bigger AOL creator. Once I get through the DVD and have a lot more practice I might be better prepared to try again.

Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:51 am