It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:47 am

No answer using the pendulum 
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Post No answer using the pendulum
Hi I have a problem. The pendulum just keeps going around and aound and I never get any "yes" or "no" responses. Yes, test questions like "is my name Magnus" or "show me a yes" gives the correct response, but after that, nothing. If I have 10 choices, I can go over them again and again without getting any response.
Useing the L-rods works very well, it is just the pendulum that I have problems with., Any suggestions?

Thanks

Magnus

Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:54 pm
Professional
Professional

Post Re: No answer using the pendulum
MagnusJansson wrote:
Hi I have a problem. The pendulum just keeps going around and aound and I never get any "yes" or "no" responses. Yes, test questions like "is my name Magnus" or "show me a yes" gives the correct response, but after that, nothing. If I have 10 choices, I can go over them again and again without getting any response.
Useing the L-rods works very well, it is just the pendulum that I have problems with., Any suggestions?

This may be a sensitivity issue, in that you are unintentionally over-powering the pendulum through your conscious awareness. This is especially likely to occur if you are witting as to what the choices are you are trying to dowse. I'm a bit unclear what you mean when you say you're trying to get an answer on "ten choices." But let's assume you mean that you have, say, ten possible courses of action to decide between, and you're using dowsing to select from among them.

First, ten options makes for a very complicated problem for your subconscious to resolve. I suggest you see if other decision-making strategies can be used to help you reduce the number of options. (If for some reason that can't be done, you of course must simply deal with the complexity, or work up a dowsing approach that allows you to select between them in batches until you can narrow the field somewhat.)

But a further problem may be that you are consciously aware of what the ten things are you are trying to choose between. In this case a number of scenarios may arise. For example, your conscious awareness may have a preference among them, while you emotionally prefer another, yet your subconscious is trying to choose for the best/correct option against the resistance of the first two. The result would then be an uncooperative pendulum (I call this the "multiple hamsters in the ball" analogy, since it is like three hamsters in a plastic ball trying to go in three different directions; as a result the ball either goes nowhere, or takes off in a direction that none of the hamsters have selected). The solution to this is to set the problem up as a blind-dowsing situation so you do not consciously know what the ten options are, or at least so that you don't know which of the ten options is which during your dowsing attempts (by, for example, writing them on ten separate cards and putting them in ten separate identical envelopes).

It can happen, of course, that a dowser just has an affinity for one type of instrument and not another. But I would check for one of the previously-mentioned problems, and conclude that the pendulum doesn't work for you only as a last resort.

Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:20 am
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

It is working now. No, I dont get very correct answers, but I do get response from the pendulum, and the rest is "just" practice, I guess.

Magnus

Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:10 pm