It is currently Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:38 am

Practice with coin toss 
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Post Practice with coin toss
I just received my training set and have only got past the first target (which I got correct), so hopefully there is nothing incorrect in this post.

Often, I don't have anyone willing to help setup blind dowsing targets for me. So here is one of the exercises I do.

I take a coin, look at it and reaffirm which side is heads and which is tails.
I sit at my desk and toss the coin behind me.
I write down and verbalize the target task as "Is the coin I threw heads-up"?
I use my pendulum to get a yes or a no.
I write down the answer.
I go to the coin and get my feedback.
I repeat up to 4 times in a row.

Any thoughts? Suggestions?

-AL

Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:18 pm
Post Coin Toss
Dear Al, I think that's a pretty inventive solution to dowsing practice while alone. You needed feel like you're with a bunch of pros. That's why the professional's that run this site step up to help us learn. I mentioned in a previous post that I wrote "target" on the inside flap of an envelope and mixed it with other blank envelopes. I've been able to dowse that successfully pretty often. Read around and see if you can find other ways to keep it interesting. I'm going to give your coin toss a shot, since I'm alone much of the time too. Thanks very much and much sucess to you! Lee

Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:02 pm
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

I'll give the envelop method a try. My concern with that is after a few times, my subconscious would pick up on the subtle clues of the visual appearance of the envelops, which will all have a slightly different texture pattern, or other aspects which I might unwittingly rely on, instead of using the dowsing signal line. This is one of the reasons why in poker there is the "burn one turn one" rule, the visible top card on the deck is never put into play.

With the coin-toss-behind-me method, the only subtle clues available through my senses are the feel of how I through it, and the sound when it lands. I feel these to be of low risk of contamination.

Of course as you point out, the risk of doing any one exercise too much is both boredom and actually a narrowing of the range of targets one is able to successfully work. Like in sports, a golfer who only practices on the same 3 holes over and over, will become bored and won't be able to adapt very well to holes on a new course.

I'm still on the lookout for more games where:
-It can be setup by the dowser blind
-Instant feedback is provided
-It can be easily reset with a (possible) new answer

Maybe a Yahtzee cup and die, or just a six-sided die in a box. Shake it up, dowse which side is up, then open the box to get feedback.

Pick a celebrity or famous person, map dowse where they were born, look up the answer on wikipedia.

-AL

Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:38 am
Post Mind Games & Targets
Dear Al, I'm not familiar with poker and don't own a die. However, I've watched enough westerns to know about "marked" cards. Heehee. My own personal experience will be different from yours because I suffer from short-term memory loss. If I consciously knew of a flaw in my envelopes, I don't think I'd remember, but I treat them very gently, nonetheless. If my subconscious is picking up a flaw, I can accept that thought. I want my subconscious to do the work anyway. :wink: If my conscious is picking up a flaw, I'd know it and I'd be finished before I started. Why cheat myself?

I guess we'll all douse differently, thus the reason our targets will be different. I've been dowsing cups for a certain object quite a bit. I get lots of hits. I don't get as many with other objects, but that's going to be my objective. If I can train with different objects, perhaps with no "comfort zone," I'll be able to feel more successful.

Thus far, I haven't been very good at map dowsing or remote dowsing, so I need to work on that more, I suppose. My successes have been "in the moment" experiences. Thanks for your feedback. I'll definintely work more toward new adventures, rather than being quite as repetitive in the type tasks I do. I feed on successes, so I need them not to get too discouraged. I'll keep my old successes for confidence.

Good things to you, Al and thanks for your input! The more we exchange thoughts, the more we can learn.

Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:49 pm
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

I thought the coin toss behind ones back was a good idea too and I will try it.
I have been practicng with the pick-3 lotteries - they ere all on the internet so I can get quick feedback. Of cause, you can only do this twice a day (2 drawings per day). I notice that I do much better on the New Jersey pick 3 lottery than wiht the Texas pick 3 lottery. I have no idea why that is. No, I dont plan to win these lotteries. As I am located in Germany, it would be quite difficult for me, but I think they are good practice targets as they are online and change often.
Magnus

Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:24 pm
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Hello All, I'm new to the site, registered a while back & didn't get around to checking it out til now. These are some interesting ideas for practice, I'm sure I'll be utilising some of them. One of my personal favorites is to take all of the face cards(King, Queen, & Jack) from a deck of cards & try to dowse correct suites from these 12 cards,sometimes I do well, others not as well, but it's good practice! Your friend in dowsing, One

Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:55 am
Profile WWW
Professional
Professional

Welcome aboard! Your card-dowsing exercise is not a bad way to go -- it does raise the odds a bit from another strategy, which is to dowse the card-suit color, from 1 out of 2 to 1 out of 4. It's more challenging, but useful from a training perspective, as it more quickly shows successful trends and/or techniques vs. unsuccessful ones.

Good luck with your dowsing!

Best,
Paul

Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:20 pm
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Post A bit more about the Playing Cards
Thanks for your reponse, Paul, & on Lee's suggestion, I am posting a PM I sent to him on the subject
Quote:
Hi Lee, Thanks for responding, I'm glad you asked 'cause sometimes I dowse for a particular suit, i.e."show yes response for Spades?" & sometimes for the face-"show yes response for Queens". I myself, lay all 12 out at once- 3 rows of 4 - That way I feel like it's harder to possibly become "familiar, inadvertantly". And picking 3 cards for the suit-King, Queen, & Jack- or 4 cards- All Queens, Kings, or Jacks- out of 12 cards is a reasonably good test, IMHO. If you feel this would be a good exercize for others, feel free to share it with them! I was trying to figure out a good practical exercize, that would be reasonably easy to set up, with beneficial results, & this just "popped" into my head- I love it when that happens! :D Glad to be part of the Community, too! Your comrade in dowsing, One

Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:44 am
Profile WWW
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Post Training sessions
I have set up 6 blank envelopes. In one I place US dollar.

I have an index card with the cue. In this case at the top, [present location of the U.S. dollar]. Midway, I have written, [Indicate a “Yes” response over the envelope that contains the U.S. dollar]

1) I shuffle the envelopes. 2) I place the cue card on the table. 3) program my pendulum 4)pull out the first envelope. 5) with my left hand I touch the envelope 6) let the pendulum swing.

After many attempt, I have now had three in a row successful sessions where the pendulum was able to pick the correct envelope. That’s 1/6 chance and repeated 3 times. Not likely chance!

My results are getting better with practice.

Dowsing is in many ways similar to RV, in the sense that with practice and divesting oneself of the result, seems to produce good data.

I’m new to dowsing, and would appreciate any advice on my practice technique.

Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:08 pm
Post Finding the dollar
Alex, it sounds like you're off to a good start with your dowsing. It's not a complicated process, so once you've followed the protocol, you shouldn't have too much difficulty. Enjoy your successful outcomes and don't get discouraged with those that don't happen. Dowsing, as with RV'ing, is not 100% successful, but it's fascinating to practice this previously unknown skill. I'm happy for your success so far, and I hope you'll let us know how you're doing as time goes by.

One thing I might recommend that has been helpful to me is to vary your targets and try different dowsing tools. That way you don't find yourself thinking that only one thing is dowsable. You might talk to Paul about the applications of RV'ing and dowsing being compatible skills. I don't RV, so he's The Man! :wink:

Anyone else have more for Alex to ponder?

Best wishes,
Lee

Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:00 am
New User
New User

Post Re: Practice with coin toss
Hey everyone, first post here! Just started with the dowsing dvd's yesterday with the first and second target. Today i decided to browse through these forums for some simple practice targets. Since I was on my own I decided to try out this coin idea by getting a coin flipping it into the air and onto the couch beside me, I then asked myself "does the coin on the couch have heads facing upwards"...at first they were hit and miss..but after practice I started hitting it at ridiculous odds for e.g 10 times in a row on two separate occasions I could say what side was facing upwards. The odds of doing this on each occasion was 1024/1 and by doing it twice today the odds were 2048/1! :shock:

Thanks Paul!

Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:11 pm
Professional
Professional

Post Re: Practice with coin toss
PmcG--

Sorry I didn't see your post before. Awesome work! I'm glad things are going well for you. Keep up the good work!

Best,
Paul

Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:45 am