It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:47 am

Ideas for Dowsing Practice? 
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Post Re: Ideas for Dowsing Practice?
Alex141,

The winnings would not be as significant but nevertheless would generate $. Matching out of order ( box play versus straight play ) does pay but much less than a match in exact order.

Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:02 pm
Advanced User
Advanced User

alex141 wrote:
T9455:

With all due respect. I wouldn't count that as a match at all. Since they are NOT in the correct spaces.

I have 29 sessions. 12 sessions, i have 1 or 2 matched IN THE CORRECT SPOT. example: 415 winning number, my pick is 419. The 4 and the 1 at matches.

Roughly, 41% of my sessions are matchs. chance would be 9.57 out of 29 or 33.3 % (If they were all single matches). I'm just slightly ahead of chance. (Don't know how to evaluate the value of double matches). This is after about a month of practice.

Agreed!

Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:11 am
Profile YIM
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

t94

If it's a question of winning money, you may be correct. But if you are trying to track you dowsing sucess it's another story.

In California w need all 3 numbers to win anything. We work in a group of 4, hoping to have a specific number appear several times "in it's correct spot".

Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:39 pm
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Alex141,

I am the classic example of only seeing the trees and missing the entire forest....
Thanks for setting me straight.

Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:36 pm
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

I now have 31 sessions. 12 I have hit a single (correct number in the correct spot) and 1 double (two numbers in the correct spots)

Assuming they where all singles, I now have a 42% odds. Just 9% greater then "chance". A very thin margin.. Perhaps somthing is happenning.

Perhaps important:

1st 10 sessions I had 50% hits, 4 singles, 1 double (typical novelty!)
2nd 10 I had 30% single hits (typical slump)
3rd set of 10 I had 40% single hits (working back up)
31st session I hit a single. (perhaps this set will exceed 40%)

Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:21 pm
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Alex 141,

Any updates on your progress?

Thanks.

Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:23 pm
Professional
Professional

Folks--

As you no doubt noticed, I was missing in action for awhile. I'm going to try to get back more often (though there will still be interruptions). In any case, this is a very interesting thread, about the work on the pick-3. It is an excellent -- and ultimately doable -- task. EDB was probably right, though -- probably ought to move it over to the "projects" area. You could title it "Pick-3 Trials" or something like that so all of us can find it.

Best,
Paul

Fri May 01, 2009 3:11 am
Professional
Professional

Open question. for entire forum:

* I'm looking for some ideas of how to practice search and rescue dowsing (dowsing via maps and diagrams for location(s) of survivors and remains).

* Any source of locations/addresses that are generated daily? That have special significance to a large group of people? But that are impossible for me to know? (You know, like lottery numbers are generated daily, have emotional significance to large numbers of people, but are unknown until time of the drawing. But I'm needing to practice on locations, not lottery numbers.)

Maybe, like chartered tour buses and aircraft that don't have regular schedules?

* I've only had one practice dowse for location -- and I need more practice before I trust myself to dowse these life&death searches.

* I saw forum member joybell40's post at Find Bob Norton regarding search for missing medical missionaries, patients and aircraft.) I'm interested in signing up -- and that got me thinking about how to practice and improve. (Working only actual search and rescue projects without practicing may not be good for improving skill because feedback is delayed or never available.)

* Thank you!

---

P.S.

* My current practice is dowsing future events (generally lottery numbers) as that provides a consistent and regular practice target. To warm up, or to refresh my dowsing sense, I dowse for color of top card in playing-card deck then look at it, and dowse color of next top card. To build stamina, I keep going through as many decks as I can stand. Sometimes, it's only a third of a deck. Maximum so far is seven in one day, but my performance really suffered when fatigue hit (i.e., the second deck).

* I don't like to gamble. Dowsing search and rescue would be a spiritually refreshing change of pace. But I don't want to gamble with searchers' and victims' time and safety, so I really need to practice.

* Thank you again -- very, very much.

Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:06 pm
New User
New User

In response for new ideas concerning map dowsing practice targets. I have been practicing map dowsing for towns and cities in Alaska. You can go to Google images, pick out particular outline map of any State with or without outline of counties, save image to your computer and print at your convenience. For example: Safe and print outline map of Alaska. Book mark: http://www.fallingrain.com/world/US/2/ Directory of Cities and Towns in Alaska listed in alphabetical order. Chose a town or city from the list. Then Map Dows the Town/City as you were taught. For feedback, click on the link of city for Google-map and location of town. I hope this makes sense.

Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:30 pm
Professional
Professional

Thanks! This is a helpful suggestion.

Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:07 am
Professional
Professional

Hi stanbland!

Nice suggestion!

http://www.fallingrain.com/world/index.html link still works (original link stopped working for me).

Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:20 am
New User
New User

Hello everyone,
I just recently received my DVD's and quickly realized that I needed real targets to search for, so I enlisted the help of my 10 year old daughter and have her hide the coin for me. Also, I take a copy of my home state and have her pick a town or city out from a real map and write down on a separate piece of paper, then put it in an envelope assigning it only a target number and then dowse for the target. In the future, I will pick a group of targets that I am interested in searching for and have her assign them to me and using google earth will search for my intended targets before going out in the field. :?: :idea: :lol:

Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:10 am