It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:00 am

Ideas for Dowsing Practice? 
Professional
Professional

Post Ideas for Dowsing Practice?
Wow! The forum has really gotten quiet lately. I usually post mainly in response to questions or requests for help with dowsing problems. Since things are so slow at the moment, it looks like I'll have to take the initiative, LOL. I received a phone call from a nice gentleman yesterday wondering if I had any other ideas for practicing pendulum dowsing. I responded back with a few I could think of off the top of my head. Some of them were ideas that came from this forum: dowsing the color or suit of playing cards placed face down; dowsing heads or tails of a coin flipped over the shoulder, And, of course, the old standbys such as lottery and sports events.

But it got me to thinking: What other ideas have folks come up with for finding dowsing practice opportunities on their own? The difficulty is, of course, that these have to involve tasks or targets that you, the dowser, don't know the 'what, where, or when' in advance (in other words, you can't hide a coin under a cup and then go dowse for it yourself, since that kind of defeats the purpose!)

Obviously, it has to be a task or target for which you can get feedback at least some point after you dowse. It could involve gender determination: "Will the next person who phones me be male or female?" Color: "Will the next car that drives down my street be red [blue, green, black, etc.]?" Time: "When will the mail be delivered today, within the closest five minutes?" and so on.

So, my post is to open the discussion for ideas you might have, or tasks you might already be using, to practice your dowsing techniques. We will begin compiling a list and post them on the website for the benefit of all. We will be happy to give you credit (but only with your approval for posting your name, of course).

Okay! Have at it...

Best,

Paul
(Paul H. Smith)

Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:15 pm
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

one idea I thought of is using a dice and a none see-through cup, then u have a piece of paper with the numbers on it and u move through dowsing the number 1 to 6 on the list.

Maybe u can ask" Locate the number of the dice in the cup"

:oops: hope it helps :oops:

anyway I was wondering when will Major Paul Smith comes out with a book that titled "Everybuddy's guide to developing ESP or remote viewing" like Ingo Swann......LOL :D :D :D

Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:42 am
Professional
Professional

What an excellent idea! Dowsing numbers on dice would be good practice for the lottery as well, I would think. Thanks for the suggestion...and as far as the book -- I'm actually working on that idea -- but only in the background at the moment. My next 'book' has to be my dissertation, which is, unfortunately, going only slowly at the moment because of all the irons I have in the fire...

Warm regards,
Paul

Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:32 pm
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Guys, u can try this site, use the first loadup page, there's five doors to choose from:

http://dora-world.com/index.html

Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:33 am
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Paul has been MIA for days, guess he fell deep into delta brainwave state to 'remote view' Alice in wonderland due to the quietness of the forum?LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:16 pm
Experienced User
Experienced User

Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:10 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Post Re: Ideas for Dowsing Practice?
I just grab a set of cards and pick out a number of fairly "neutral" cards, like the 2's, 3's, etc, and then one of the colorful cards as the target. This allows me to shuffle them and lay them out face down and attempt to dowse for the target (one of the Queens for example).

The first deck I bought I didn't look at closely before I bought them. I've never heard of this kind of deck but suspect it is Spanish and/or South American in origin. There are only 40 cards -- the 7,8, and 9 are missing. Most of them are quite colorful, and the suits are different: swords; cups; coins; and clubs.

Perhaps a throw back sometime closer to the separation of the major and minor arcana?

Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
" -- Hamlet.

Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:16 am
Profile WWW
Professional
Professional

Interesting cards! :D Your practice idea should work pretty well -- but look for other ideas as well (several have been suggested here and there on this forum).

Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:41 am
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

How about you go to the supermarket and dowse for which cart doesn't have one of those lame wheels that just spins in a circle no matter which direction you are walking. I really hate those!

Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:02 pm
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

The kind of dowsing I do is locating objects. I tried having someone else hide a target for me, but I always psyche myself out by thinking/wondering where this person would hide it instead of just searching for the target. So I just practice alone now. I go in my yard and cover my eyes and ears, spin around a few times, toss the target, then spin around a few more times. This way I only know the general area and I don't have to spend an hour searching for it. I realize this is not a perfect solution, but I can get in a lot of practice in a short time.

Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:07 am
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Here's a video of a dowsing rod I built. It is ultra sensitive. I put the stabilizer arms on it to tone it down. They really help keep it balanced so you don't get as many false responses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lirR2krNzPA

Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:24 pm
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

wow, nice Youtube video, that rod is amazing.

Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:12 pm
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Thanks. I know it looks a bit awkward, even looks like it won't work, but it feels good and works great. It's still possible to overpower it and tilt it too much, but the stabilizers give feedback if you use a light grip. It takes a couple of minutes to get your balance with it; it is that sensitive. My accuracy went up.

Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:41 pm
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Just ordered a copy of Learning to Dowse. I'm interested in the Lottery dowsing. I don;t know if this is the right place for this post.

I have used a few different techniques for lotto work. One is to enlarge the dowsing card and use a pendulum over each number, yes or no. When in a hurry I use a pencil like an L-rod and sweep each row of numbers and try to feel a resistance. This is not very accurate. Another is to write the numbers on a wall all in a line and use an L-rod to point to the numbers. Actually I only wrote every fifth number with a space between them and then estimated where the rod was pointing. Too many numbers can be confusing. I also have used a GSR meter like they use in Scientology and use a pencil to point to each number on the card and watch for a meter response. I bought a system from ebay that the guy says to divide the card into columns and dowse each column. I haven't been able to use this technique very well for dowsing each row. Never tried his method. I do draw lines for every two or three columns but this is only so I can keep my place when looking back and forth at the meter. I've never won anything big ($75) but a freind hit $200 twice. He swears he picked the Powerball numbers one week too early.

Lotto dowsing is not the same as locating objects, but it does give me practice for getting a clear mind, relaxing, etc.

Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:58 pm
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

I have been practicing with envelopes.

I start with 7 envelopes. I place a "dollar bill" in one of the envelopes and shuffle it. Place all 7 in front of me on a table. I write the cue on an index card, [the current location of the US dollar bill] and quickly dowse the envelopes.

I keep a clear image of the Dollar Bill in my head as i move through the group.

I generally practice this a few times a week. Today, I did it twice, first time I narrowed down from the group of 7 to 2 and missed it, by one. Second time i hit it.

I like to stop on a high note. let it digest. and start again the following day.

Last week i had the time to do 10 attempts (with 7 envelopes). I correctly pick 5 of the ten. And I had most of my misses narrowed down to 2.

Someone told me that was 109 to i odds.

Does anyone do exercises like this?

Thanks Alex

Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:12 pm
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

This morning I correctly identified my dollar bill out of 7 envelopes. Good start. I noticed a few things: 1) stand erect 2) arm at 45 degrees 3) relax 4) focus on the cue 5) move deliberate and fast. (helps limit the AOLs)

I quickly turned my attention to the Daily 3 Lottery numbers.

10 envelopes, 0-9 numbered index cards stuffed in each.

We'll see how that works.

Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:22 pm
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

My Daily 3 dowsed pick was 154. The winning number was 166. I hit one number (1) in the correct spot. That's a 1-10 odds. I comfortable that I'm on the right track. just need more practice. wish me luck.

Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:57 pm
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Daily three.. I dowsed 721 the winning number was 381. Okay I got one. Two times in a row. the odds are 10 to 1 to hit one digit. Hitting one digit two times in a row. Chance? I don't think so. So I think something is happening. I just need more practice..

Since it doesn't appear that there is very much traffice on this forum, i'll stop post my small successes. Kind of feel like I'm talking to myself. However, when I get a Daily 3 win I'll post it. Otherwise, I'll bore myself posting trial after trial, with no response.

I was hoping someone could help me. But I guess I'm on my own. No worries. If I succeed, I'll post.

Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:45 pm
Professional
Professional

Hi alex141,

Turn the Daily Three into a project and post in Dowsing Projects and Targets at viewforum.php?f=9 . Good way to develop commitment and get lots of practice.

I like the way RVAIS does it. Doesn't report the exact number. No sense in doing all the work for the lurkers... :mrgreen:

(A couple of weeks ago, both MegaMillions and Powerball had jackpot winners -- that same weekend I had more than a 100 hits on each of my projects. Don't know if they were forum members or visitors. Maybe visitors that followed the Yahoo [Bot], MSM, google, AskJeeves and other [Bot]'s into here.)

:wink: Who knows? One of these days -- with enough practice and sharper technique -- you and I will really get good at this. :wink:

Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:49 pm
Advanced User
Advanced User

edb wrote:
Hi alex141,

Turn the Daily Three into a project and post in Dowsing Projects and Targets at viewforum.php?f=9 . Good way to develop commitment and get lots of practice.

I like the way RVAIS does it. Doesn't report the exact number. No sense in doing all the work for the lurkers... :mrgreen:

(A couple of weeks ago, both MegaMillions and Powerball had jackpot winners -- that same weekend I had more than a 100 hits on each of my projects. Don't know if they were forum members or visitors. Maybe visitors that followed the Yahoo [Bot], MSM, google, AskJeeves and other [Bot]'s into here.)

:wink: Who knows? One of these days -- with enough practice and sharper technique -- you and I will really get good at this. :wink:

Agreed alot of people view not too many post.

Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:39 pm
Profile YIM
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Good news. A friend of mine won the daily 3 lottery yesterday, using L Rod and envelopes.

Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:59 pm
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Thanks, I've got the commitment and practice thing down pat. Just looking for some direction from successful dowsers. For the past 3 years I've worked closely with 4 other excellent Remote Viewers. We are now turning our collective attention to Dowsing lotteries. Only after three weeks one member already won.

Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:06 am
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Alex141,

Thanks for posting re. this topic. I am RV trained by Lyn Buchanan and have been dowsing for the last 6 months. I to have been dowsing the pick-3 lotto. For a buck and a straight play hit, prizes in the Ontario Pick-3 range from $350-$750 - not bad! My stats thus far;

Total Session - 56
Match 0 numbers - 21
Match 1 number - 27
Match 2 numbers - 8

I dowse as per the instructions on the dvd (P. Smith ) with some variation re. my dowsing arm (supporting it or not). Also, I vary the spot I hold my pendulum.

Input and/or comments are welcome.

Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:42 pm
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Alex141,

Matched 2 for the Ontario Pick -3 - 3/19/09. Numbers drawn - 315, dowsed 143.

Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:59 pm
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

T9455:

With all due respect. I wouldn't count that as a match at all. Since they are NOT in the correct spaces.

I have 29 sessions. 12 sessions, i have 1 or 2 matched IN THE CORRECT SPOT. example: 415 winning number, my pick is 419. The 4 and the 1 at matches.

Roughly, 41% of my sessions are matchs. chance would be 9.57 out of 29 or 33.3 % (If they were all single matches). I'm just slightly ahead of chance. (Don't know how to evaluate the value of double matches). This is after about a month of practice.

Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:34 pm