It is currently Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:03 pm

Any dowsers want to try an experiment? 
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Post Any dowsers want to try an experiment?
At 3PM Eastern time Saturday September 28th 2007, I'll note my precise lattitude and longitude (either using my GPS or if indoors, using a tool like Google maps).

If people want to dowse my location at that time and post here, I will post my actual lattitude and longitude at some point on Monday October 1st.

As a clue, I will tell you that I will be in New England during that time. At this point i do not know what my exact location will be.

Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:48 pm
Post Neat Idea!
Rinpoche's location: please make note that the date will be Sept. 29 if he does this on Saturday. Rinpoche, that's a nice thing for you to do. If I had a GPS device, it would go to sleep from inactivity. Heehee. Hope your location is a pleasant one for you! I'll try to "be there!" :idea: Best regards, Lee

Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:31 pm
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:50 pm
Professional
Professional

Just wondering if you got my PEM?

Best,
Paul

Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:35 am
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

On the advice of Maj Smith I will list my real name here to help with targeting. It's John Moore. Also, the picture on my profile is an actual photo of me, which should help in targeting as well.

He also suggested that giving a larger area (such as the United States) may have been preferable to give a larger margin of error. Of course, the cat's already out of the bag since I have posted that I'll be in new England.

Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:11 pm
Professional
Professional

Well...somehow I managed to lose what I wrote before. Now I must retype. We didn't think this through enough. We must figure out a system that will keep those who have not yet dowsed the project from being influenced by previous postings. Crozier, I have copied then deleted your post. Later either you or I can post it again.

Here's my proposal -- everyone hold off posting their results until after the close of the dowsing window. Then results can be posted, and at a set time after that, Rinpoche can post the feedback. For subsequent such experiments we should figure out a more rigorous system -- but perhaps this will do for now. What do you think?

Best,
Paul

Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:21 am
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:51 am
Professional
Professional

Sorry. I wasnt thinking.

No worries! Obviously I wasn't thinking, either, LOL.

Best,
Paul

Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:48 pm
Post Rinpoche's Journey's End
What a tangled web we weave, even when deception isn't the goal!! I was charmed by the kind gesture of Rinpoche's proposal. It's now a different type proposal with the same goal. If we make mistakes, so what? We've been making mistakes all along, but most are improving. Our skill levels will be very apparent as the results come in. If I wind up in Kalamazoo, I'm not going to cry about it. It might be rather funny.

Paul, since the door to the barn opened before you thought it would, let it swing. If you'd like to set up a more official and accurate test for us newbies, with varying skill levels, I'm sure some would want to participate with the rules in front of us before we begin. Also realize that we're not all on the same playing field, as in a controlled environment. We don't all have the same tools at our fingertips for dowsing. We don't all have the same phrasing for our test question. All you would know is that we have ?you?, a dowsing device, and a computer ....... if the computer doesn't fail. We may not all have access to the variety of software that might help. I'll be waiting to see what you want us to do! (Lastly, will anyone ever read all the right posts?????) :wink:

In the meantime, I hope everyone enjoys trying to find our new friend, Rinpoche. He's just a couple hours away from our target place! Warm fuzzies to all pendulums, rods, whatever, out there! Lee

Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:49 pm
New User
New User

I have not yet purchaced the DVD set, so if that is a requirement, I understand if you have to delete my post.

I did attempt to dowse what the target's location will be at 3:00pm Eastern time a few hours ago, and posted my results to the Stargate list at yahoogroups.

I am a bit confused by Lee's comment at the bottom of her last post. It could be read that she has some advance knowledge of where the target location will be, and that it is "x" amount of time (possibly driving time) from a specifc city. I am not repeating the exact details here. Is that what actually happened?

Ed Morgan

Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:46 pm
New User
New User

Correcting myself, I should have said state, not city.

Ed Morgan

Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:58 pm
Post Reply to Ed Morgan
Dear Ed,
I don't believe it's a requirement to have the DVD set in hand in order to join this group. I'm glad you're attempting dowsing. It's very interesting. I'm a new dowser, just like you, so please don't consider me having much to say that's useful. :wink:

I hope that you'll share your results of his experiment with Rinpoche when you get a chance. I don't believe all users here are registered members of the other site you mentioned.

I'm sorry my comment confused you. I have no beforehand knowledge of where Rinpoche planned to be at 3:00 o'clock EST. I meant that, at my posting time, it was only a couple hours until 3:00 o'clock EST. That's all. I look forward to knowing where he actually was, just like everyone else.

Good luck in your dowsing. I've found it to be very interesting.

Lee

Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:01 pm
New User
New User

Okay, I'll take a try. When and where do I post?
Barbara :?

Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:36 pm
Professional
Professional

When and where do I post?
Barbara :?

I will start a new topic in this same category (that is, "Dowsing Projects and Targets") and I will call the topic "Post results here for Rinpoche dowsing experiment -- Warning: click here only after you've dowsed" or something along those lines! One you have your results, you can post them there. Since the dowsing window is over (though still open for retro-cognitive dowsing!) folks could start posting results now.

To count, a dowsing result will have to have been posted no later than just before the time Rinpoche annouces the correct location.

Best,
Paul

Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:23 am
Professional
Professional

My original title for the results thread was too long. Here's the one we're going with: "Rinpoche experiment results -- open only after dowsing"

Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:29 am