It is currently Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:07 pm

Lotto dowsing with L-rod 
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Post Lotto dowsing with L-rod
I've tried many ways at lotto dowsing. One way I have used an L-rod, I marked out numbers on the wall (actually only every fifth number) then did a sweep with my L-rod as if I were searching for a target in the field.

Another way I have used an L-rod is to count off a stretch of fence boards in my yard so I have a beginning and an end. I don't actually put any marks on the boards. I walk along the fence with my L-rod and when the rod swings I go back and count off the fence boards to see which number I am at.

I realize this probably sounds stupid to many people, but fact is some people cannot let go of their logical, left brain. I guess it must be something like learning to swim once you are an adult. You just don't want to take off your life jacket. I can only imagine some people must hold a hard stare on whatever dowsing tools they are using. You have to remove the five senses from the equation. The visual input is so powerful and it is sometimes difficult to filter out. So sometimes trying something different, to get your mind off of things, might help. The fence boards can take your mind off the lotto numbers.

Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:36 am
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Post Re: Lotto dowsing with L-rod
Speaking of lotto dowsing, a friend and I thought about using something like a slide projecter and randomly project the lotto numbers as a slide show. (You could easliy use a set of flash cards, but the idea of the slide show is it would be less distracting. See note below.) If you video tape the whole thing you can replay the video and watch for any dowsing response. The idea here is to review it not only before the drawing, but afterwards to see what kind of response you got on the winning numbers. For that matter, you could video record just about any dowsing session.

Note: Distraction is a real problem for me when lotto dowsing. Thre are so many numbers and the whole idea behind using an L-rod and walking along a set of fence boards (or whatever) is that for me it is much smoother to go from number to number. When I use a pendulum, I have to reset my posture somewhat on every number, and certainly on every row of numbers. Just moving the pendulum from number to number takes a lot of work/energy when done a hundred times in a row. Walking with the L-rod is less strenuous for me.

Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:39 pm
Professional
Professional

Hi locator,

Interesting idea, that slide projector. Could test the idea with "Windows Photo Gallery" and set the "Slide Show" to "Shuffle".

Probably not a true random sequence -- I think that after a few trials we might become familiar with the sequence. Maybe the "seed" for the pseudo-randomizer is set by the alphanumeric order of the names of photos. A possible work-around is a good friend that occasionally changes the names of the photos (to change the order feeding the randomizer for the shuffle).

Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:42 am
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

The whole thing about working with numbers is it's hard to get away from the left brain. Seems like a person could build a code system from a pool of colors, shapes, etc. So for instance, 35 might be "red traingle" or whatever code you decide. If you could display the code along with the number (at least at first) the idea here is to get the brain to work on the right side--to get away from using numbers.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:58 am
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Of course the idea here is not to just replace one "code" with another. It has to be a different way of experiencing the numbers. I saw a savant who had phenomenal ability with numbers. He said 2 was a motion and 5 was a clap of thunder. So what I am seeing here is more of an emotional resonance with the number--this is the right brain working.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:53 pm
Professional
Professional

Getting away from the left brain is the whole purpose behind using the blank dowsing matrix and the system laid out on the DVD. Another neat trick for escaping the left brain is to use the caps from plastic soda bottles. You can write the possible lottery numbers on the inside of the caps, one number per cap, shuffle them around on the table so you don't know which is which, and dowse for the cap under which the winning number lies.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:27 pm
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Yes, walking along the fence boards is very similar to the matrix method.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:33 pm
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

I'm certainly not here to tell people one way is better than another. I've tried dowsing "blind" like with the bottle caps, actually I used flash cards face down.

I'm not very comfortable even discussing this, but here goes. Right or wrong, I think I need to know what the number is before I dowse it to see if it is going to be a winning number. I realize this sounds like a contradiction from I have said, but it's like I have to first dowse what is under the flash card first. Not really to know what number is there, just-I can't explain this one. It's like there are two variables to deal with and that is difficult for me. I have tried this and my results were right about zero. Just my two cents' worth.

Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:22 pm
Professional
Professional

Locator,

I change method once in a while. Usually add a note about the change to my project entry, and keep the change for a few trials. I've changed from pendulum to L-rod to device-less... changed hands, changed mind :wink: (attitude, intent, etc.), and so on.

Occasionally, when I'm away from my tools, I'll just handwrite the numbers in a continuous line -- like your going down a fence line. (Avoids the interruption of moving to the beginning of the next line.) It's device-less in that I use my internal ineffable sensations to choose the numbers.

Since no one sees me dowse, I don't worry about the method. Just interested in the result. Hopefully, getting better.

Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:09 am