It is currently Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:40 am

Finding a Missing Person 
Professional
Professional

Post Finding a Missing Person
Pole is cloased, project ended. References to deceased's name have been removed out of courtesy to the family.

Last edited by Bombur on Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:43 pm
Professional
Professional

Post Re: Finding a Missing Person
Hi Bombur,

When can we share our findings?

(14 January 2011: Edited out of respect to the deceased, their family and friends, and the search team.)

Last edited by edb on Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:11 am
Professional
Professional

Ed,

If you can get it down to a precise location you can email it to me or post it in a different thread. I will pass it on to the SAR team member who can make the best use of it. For the purposes of this thread I'm just looking for the yes or no answer to the one question posted above.

I had to put my own map dowsing aside for the last few weeks because of the demands of the new job, but hopefully I can get back on it tomorrow.

Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:45 pm
Professional
Professional

Hi Bombur,

Wish I could visit the area. Sounds like Fall is a good season to hike through there. I'll send my results this weekend.

Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:48 am
Professional
Professional

I want to express my gratitude to edb for taking the time to run sessions on this project. Search and rescue volunteers have not as yet discovered any sign of the missing person, in spite of our assistance. The terrain is incredibly rugged. The case is still open.

Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:45 pm
Professional
Professional

Update: The Sheriff's office reported finding two dessicated bodies in the wilderness last weekend. It may be weeks, or even months, before the coroner can determine the identities of the bodies. One of them might be the missing person or his hiking companions - then again, they might be somebody completely unrelated. There are a lot of bodies out there, and they sometimes find people they aren't looking for.

Ed, I will get Lat/Long coordinates for you of the location where they were found if I can.

Last edited by Bombur on Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:03 pm
Professional
Professional

Bombur, Thanks for update.

Has the Sheriff's office mentioned any more cases of missing persons that we can do? Thanks!

Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:26 am
Professional
Professional

edb wrote:
Has the Sheriff's office mentioned any more cases of missing persons that we can do? Thanks!

They have not asked for assistance on any particular case. (Not from me, anyway.) But there is no shortage of missing people. The US DoJ has a website listing thousands: http://www.namus.gov

My contact with the posse has confirmed that the bodies discovered last week are believed to be two of the three that went missing last July. I have not yet learned the map coordinates of the location at which they were found.

Edited to correct DoJ website url.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:59 am